1.1.1 Load Error

If starting the sim on the PC (clicking 1946 icon to launch) so in SP mode, the mouse locks up forcing me to go back to the desktop then back into the sim (leaving 1946 running).

If I launch from HL so MP, the first time ONLY the sim launches it does the same thing. SUbsequent coops do not have the problem.

Idea's?

Thanks,

K2

So wats the problem? All u have to do is alt-tab from the game right back to the game and it will work fine. Just alt tab until you're back on the game.

I thought this was a problem I was having at one point... It turned out I was the problem. Basically after double clicking the .exe just wait, if you do anything else on the desktop while the game boots then you get stuck halfway between the desktop and game - meaning you need to alt-tab to get into the game again.

I think, although I'm not sure, that this is due to using different resolutions for the game and desktop. But the cure is patience.

This is an old issue with IL2, and its got something to do with the refresh rate when the game kicks in, usually if your game is running at a higher res than your desktop. It's almost second nature with me now to have to Alt-Tab into the game on startup... 8)

No....This is a 1.1/1.1.1 issue in that my resolution is exactly the same in both the sim and all else, in kind so is the refresh rate.....Yet more so in that it never happened until loading up 1.1/1.1.1.

Ok sure, easy enough to jump through the hoops.....HOWEVER, it is showing a conflict somewhere within the patches from before. So should be addressed.

Did I post in the wrong forum?....Hmmm, nope....Reporting a bug, "deal with it" the wrong response.

K2

Reported bug

walk away

look back in 6 months

Smile

Billfish,

This problem has plagued me for years, long before mods. I don't think it has anything to do with 1.1 directly even thought it seems to have been initiated by 1.1 on your system. I have tried all the suggested fixes including the run in maximum screen from the shortcut, same resolution, refresh rates, sitting on my hands, etc. Hopefully some clever person will figure out what the real conflict is so we won't have to continue to "deal with it".