Thread Closed

[DOWNLOAD] INFANTRY MOD

Trying to learn a lot on 3D modeling for my Egyptian Objects Mods (... I'll start a new topic in a few days about that to give information on WIP... I think you will be happy :wink: )... I made some progress... so let me introduce this INFANTRY MOD ... with infantry troops... and some goodies
I think it can bring some more life in Il-2 scenes

Links :

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=01000...b9a8902bda

Contents :
- Basic human models imported from TOW
- self-made association with some weapons
- self-made new objects and animals

... but pictures are better than words :

[Image: Infantry_shot02.jpg]

New pilot and mecano... and others... :wink:

[Image: Infantry_shot01.jpg]

All machineguns have 2 height levels, ground and one suitable for use with bunkers, mainly Sandbag_Wall object ( I had to choose...)

[Image: Infantry_shot03.jpg]

Some new objects for infantry training camp...

[Image: Infantry_shot04.jpg]

... and some funny things

[Image: Infantry_shot05.jpg]

WARNING : MOST OF THESE OBJECTS ARE HIGH QUALITY... AND THAT MEANS HIGH POLY OBJECTS
I have no problem with fps, flying over a group of 30 of these objects... BUT SAVED DIRECTLY IN THE MAP...
At the opposite, I had some heavy stuttering when flying over only a few saved in a mission file (??? I don't know why there is a difference !)

So please, think about when using... they are made for fun and soft usage... not for a remake of D-Day with hundreds of characters :roll:

I hope to be able, in a few days, to animate those human models to get other realistic positions :roll:

I hope you'll enjoy

THANK YOU !!!

Lowfighter finally can have his highly desired cows and stuff .... :wink:

will try them ASAP

Z

It is possible to shoot a cow?

Wow thank you very much for your hard work 8)

ololo Wrote:It is possible to shoot a cow?

of course, there are damage models for cows, horses and sheeps :wink:

Not for humans... Lord, I believe in human race... :roll:

hey love the mod but could the animals have blood on them when they die? Or if you point me to the file i can do it myself Tongue

delvpier Wrote:
ololo Wrote:It is possible to shoot a cow?

of course, there are damage models for cows, horses and sheeps :wink:
Fu-- yeah!!!!!!111oneone
delvpier Wrote:Not for humans... Lord, I believe in human race... :roll:
:lol:

Why on earth would you want to shoot a cow?
Can't ever remember the Germans using them as assault troops or combat engineers??

Trooper117 Wrote:Why on earth would you want to shoot a cow?
Can't ever remember the Germans using them as assault troops or combat engineers??

there is a rumor regarding certain cow being used as spy .... and of course there is always Troyan's horse syndrome ( you never know what's inside ) .... :wink:

Z

F22-Raptor-2006 Wrote:hey love the mod but could the animals have blood on them when they die? Or if you point me to the file i can do it myself Tongue

:roll: well, tga's are open... everyone can do what he wants...

but for me, I don't like much this idea of gore in game so I won't do it... :wink:

but a much better idea would be to skin some other uniforms...

ie: take ger_solder_42_summer tga's ( and all armed soldiers are mede with this one ) and you can paint it to get Afrika_Korps uniforms

or take rus_solder_43_summer tga's to make some Italian infantry

or reskin FFI ( in uk folder ), the shirt is not really good skinned...

That would be useful :wink:

... regarding FPS , it would be better if those tga's are 256 indexed color instead of RGB .... much smaller file size for game to process

worth trying IMHO

Z

fly_zo Wrote:... regarding FPS , it would be better if those tga's are 256 indexed color instead of RGB .... much smaller file size for game to process

worth trying IMHO

Z

I kept tga's from TOW... but I think the most important point regarding fps is the number of poly of objects.

Structure of models in TOW is 1 main mesh and 4 LOD ( L1 to L4 )

To make this, I used only main mesh and LOD4... so the highest poly (quite high!) and the lowest one

It should be possible to make less heavy models by taking L1 or L2 or L3 instead of main mesh but quality would be lower... and I would have to redo the whole stuff :roll:

Very Nice Thanks

Cows however were used as an early form of chemical warfare!!
In the middle ages, during a siege the decaying bodies of dead cows (also horse, pigs and humans of the oppsition) were catapulted into besieged cities. The object being to spread disease etc.
Whats worse than a catapulted boulder landing on you? .... a ransid cow!!!

Thank You ! Big Grin

[Image: 19042009232138.jpg]
Thread Closed