[Download]IL2 ColdstartControl Updated v1.4 Updated

[Image: c6a89ecf58effb70e561f23ab7513c385g.jpg]

IL2ColdstartControl For IL2 Sturmovik - Pacific Fighter and Over. v.1.4 - 11/05/2009
__________________________________________________________________________________

How it works:

IL2Keys catch your key config from the default.ini file. So it is necessary that
the default.ini and the setting.ini from your player are the same. Any keys used
who are not set in your default.ini will not be taken in consideration.

Some DCG users (http://www.lowengrin.com) suffer from the "memory leak" bug in
IL2-Sturmovik. To avoid this in a certain mesure, some users found out that when
starting the mission, using the quick save track was helping not to crash the program
before ending mission. So what I didis an Automatic QuickSave option who can be set
in ColdstartControl. (You need to set a key for it).

How to install IL2ColdstartControl:

Backup your default.ini!!!

Extract the files "IL2ColdstartControl.exe", "ColdstartCFG.cfg" and "IL2Keys.exe" in
your IL2 Sturmovik main folder. Open an already configured setting.ini file in notepad
"IL2 main folder\Users\YourPlayer\settings.ini". Copy the key section from this
settings.ini file and overwrite the key section from your default.ini located in your
"IL2 Sturmovik main folder\Users\default.ini".
Configure IL2ColdstartControl the way you want. Create a shortcut from IL2Keys.exe.
Launch the game using that shortcut. Done.

Since version 1.4 it's possible to use the mousewheel as keyboard keys.
Positive value control mousewheel up, negative are for mousewheel down.

Bugs:

Numpad keys are not sended well, so it s better not to use them for ColdstartControl.
When mousewheel control is enabled you cant use the allowed key for chat or text.

Change Log:
v1.4
Added mousewheel control
Added PropAuto feature

v1.3
Corrected a bug where parameter order was false

v1.2
Created GUI interface
Unified Coldstart and QuickSave

V1.1
IL2Keys do not send keys after IL2-sturmovik is shut down.
Increased delay between Keys send.
Better key recognition.
Added Parking Brake.

Download IL2 ColdstartControl v1.4(662.73Kb)

thanks for tis i was just thinking that more realism would be added to IL-2 if there was a more realistic engine management. thank you

i'm glad someone finally did this. reminds me of microsoft flight sim add-ons which allow you to do this kind of thing with that sim. always an immersion booster. i never thought itd be possible with IL2, but what was i thinking, this is AAA! THANKS!

I've had both the "IL2 Control Panel" which uses a second computer and networking to handle many different controls AND "Touch Buddy" NO NOT THAT! LOL! but a program where you can have a second monitor function as your aircraft's instrument and control panels. "Touch Buddy" was designed for a touch screen but will work with out it. I allows you to continue flying without having to take your eyes off the monitor to find a control key. Both have their limitations and were, IMHO, to clumsy for the kind of half hearted off-line flying which I do. But for the die-hard realism guys both are great. Takes time to set up and learn but they DO work. Perhaps this will be more for the causal flyer like me.

edit: THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

The_Psy Wrote:What does it do?

IL2ColdstartControl will put your aircraft at 0 state. It means your magnetos can be turned off, mixture, propeller and radiator can be set at 0. You can enable your brake on until you press the brake key, the same for your tailwheel. You can preset your aileron trim (left) and elevator trim (positif).

Hi!

Seem an interesting mods buy SORRY I'm a bit stubborn and I haven't understand well how the plane will be setted by this, can you explain it better?

PLEASE

cheers

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

Oh, excellent! Just that bit of extra that we needed. I mentioned in another thread that it might be interesting for immersion to have the plane spawn with magneto(s) in the off position. 8) :lol:

walter_solito Wrote:Seem an interesting mods buy SORRY I'm a bit stubborn and I haven't understand well how the plane will be setted by this, can you explain it better?
As I understand it: "Yes" = you have to change it, so you can even start the engine/steer while taxi/fly straight. "No" = game default, no change needed.

Magnetos=Yes -> Magneto =off. Toggle magnetos to position "one", "two" or "both" to be able to start engine.
Mixture=Yes -> Mixture=o%, so change it back to 80% to be able to start, 100% is better for keeping engine cool.
Radiators=Yes -> Radiators closed. If you don't open them before/just after starting, engine will heat quickly during taxi/take-off.

etc.

GREAT !!!

Please, about parking brakes parameter, Is in question only wheels brake or parking chock (like aircraft-carriers or stationnary runways) ?

Thanks.

Nice ! Big Grin

This looks like it could be really interesting...will be testing later today - in the meantime, thanks in advance!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

tnx!!!!! realism is getting better 8)

Quick save?!? Surely you are not saying we can now save our progress during a mission now? Confusedhock:

@walter_solito
It work exactely the way JAMF say.

@LAL_RONE
For the moment its wheels brake only, I didnt think about chocks, but it can maybe be implemented.

@Bee Sorry to tell you yes. It's just a small trick to avoid people who have memory leak problem to press the record track key every 15 minutes lets say. It would be nice to be able to save your progress, but I dont think it's possible...

Thanks@all for feedback

Bugreport:
-I don't use default installation paths ever, if I have the choice, so I don't have [drive]:IL-2 Sturmovik 1946
-I don't have a subfolder /Patch/SmartGUI/ that contains background.jpg, so I get this:

[Image: cscpic.jpg]

[EDIT]
It works fine though and it adds that bit extra. Smile Good work! Merci beaucoup!

In the readme you write: "Copy the key section from this settings.ini file..." Does that mean all the various [HOTKEY xxx] sections and their lines?

Corrected the background.

All key from [HotKey pilot] have to be copied. And for the "QuickSave" option, it's the key from [HotKey $$$misc] who have to be copied and of course section have to be created if doesnt exist.

If some of you could provide feedback about keyboard compatibility. I know it work with AZERTY keyboard, I would like to know the behavior with QWERTY keyboard or QWERTZU or other, report bug or else...

Thx for the quick change.

BCC.jpg goes in the IL2 root folder, like the other files. OK.