An idea for map makers ?

I've been playing around with Map_T files and in order to load some of the bigger maps to manually place textures in FMB (map building mode) I have to use actors.static files from other, smaller maps or blank ones.

I was checking out what was left to do on a Kuban Map_T I made and noticed a couple of these strange craters in the mountains :

[Image: il2fb2009-04-2708-57-47-09.jpg]

Pretty steep uh ?

As it turns out I was using an actors file from another map, and whatever object this is seems to be at sea level and alters the elevation around it, creating those huge steep craters around the map.

I was thinking this could be interesting to create steep cliffs in some maps ?

Cheers

Nico

The holes are caused by bridges, which can only be positioned at sea level. All other objects move up and down with map_h. I did the same thing; used an actors.static from another map in order to get started and wondered what had happened to my mountains!

:cheers:

Hmmm very interesting!!.......might have to have a little play around with that one

I'm developing a map which has an airfield immediately adjacent to a sea wall and just metres from the shore. Having difficulty getting terrain height right so close to the shore & positioning a wall. I'm wondering if placing a bridge "under" the wall will achieve the desired vertical rise in terrain behind the sea wall, and to runway level.

Confusedhock: looks a bit like the hole in my finances.