Thread Closed

[WIP] Kittyhawk MkIa "RAAF-spec" mod

Note to Admins:
In the absence of any response from PM'ing admin...well ever actually, I'm going to assume it's okay to just post a link, given that I have followed site rules with the FM work and made no adjustments other than for new slot aircraft of my own making.
If I have made any errors about site policy I do emphatically apolegise and ask you to please PM me an email address and I'll happily send the raw FM data to be looked over and/or observe any other guidelines.
edit :oops: I just found the updated stickies, files have been sent by email, I'll leave this here with the understanding that the link may be deleted by a mod

THIS IS A NEW SLOT KITTYHAWK MkI AND DOES NOT CHANGE THE FM OF ANY EXISTING AIRCRAFT.

Welcome to the "RAAF field mod" version of the Kittyhawk MkIa pursuit fighter-bomber.

This is a 7z file which requires the freeware 7zip program to unzip. The reasons for this are its better compression ratio than any other freeware. It will not cost you a thing and puts no adware or tracking cookies that I'm aware of on your system. It means smaller upload sizes for me, so I use this. Size using Filzip= 10meg, using 7z= 4meg. 7z will also unzip all compression type files like rar so it is the best freeware to have anyway. Just google and download if you don't already have it.

Instructions for the Kittyhawk MkIa and buttons files are included, but you should be familiar with installing new slot beta mods if you're going to download this one. Make sure you follow engine operating guidelines for best performance.

This is not a final release of the FM work, it is just a beta test. All explained in the readme.

Enjoy!

PULLED BY ADMINISTRATION > READ STICKY RULE AT TOP OF FORUM SECTION!

if you downloaded the initial version update it with this patch as the file upload was faulty (plus I put the wrong engine model in from an earlier alpha test)

PULLED BY ADMINISTRATION > READ STICKY RULE AT TOP OF FORUM SECTION!

Ammendments to the readme:
following take off magnetos should be set to the second magneto (magneto 2) for the event of ignition failure in flight (to prevent catastrophic failure). I've had this occur in il2 so it is definitely a part of regular flight-damage random routines.
Best take off, emergency and war emergency output is of course gained with both magnetos switched on, but for cruise or continuous performance they should be switched to one (ie. magneto 2).

This is great news, vanir!
I'll be keen to try this bird out, but the link, once I've entered in the code, tells me I've exceeded the d'l limit, which is rubbish, 'cause i've been offline for almost 4 days.... :roll:
Any chance of another link, mate? I was thinking mediafire, badongo or such... 8) :lol:

love it. cant wait for her to be done Big Grin

[Image: KittyhawkMk11.gif]

[Image: KittyhawkMk12.gif]

bigbossmalone Wrote:This is great news, vanir!
I'll be keen to try this bird out, but the link, once I've entered in the code, tells me I've exceeded the d'l limit, which is rubbish, 'cause i've been offline for almost 4 days.... :roll:
Any chance of another link, mate? I was thinking mediafire, badongo or such... 8) :lol:

link added above

Thanks, vanir! The mediafire link works fine for me...I'll give some feedback in a while, after I've taken her up for a test flight... :wink:

Thanx Vanir, Looking forward to giving this a go tonite Smile

I'm using the original sound mod V.90, Which buttons file would I use?

Thanx again,

Cheers, Neil Smile

Ok, vanir...ready to give her a go, but I think I see a problem on the horizon. The buttons story. My current buttons file is the UI 1.1 AC Installer 3.3 buttons file. It stands at 810kb. The UI 1.1 buttons file that you've provided stands on 797kb. I'm thinking some data is missing, and I'm going to get 60%$ CTD ...which one of these buttons files will work with AC installer 3.3? Which includes the Battle, and others?

Important patch update link above.

Handled in the patch above BiggBossMalone Wink

The way to test it without doing any editing is just pop the new buttons in and see if it crashes at 60% with the installation you've currently got...before installing the mod or editing any files (backup your original). It doesn't matter if the buttons has aircraft that aren't in your installation, only if your installation has aircraft that aren't in the buttons.

EVERYONE MAKE SURE THEY BACK UP THEIR ORIGINAL BUTTONS FILE Wink

Neil Lowe Wrote:Thanx Vanir, Looking forward to giving this a go tonite Smile

I'm using the original sound mod V.90, Which buttons file would I use?

Thanx again,

Cheers, Neil Smile

here you go

The original file download had the wrong engine file from an earlier alpha test. Update with the patch if you downloaded that.

Yep, that patch fixed it, thanks vanir!
Flight commencing.... Big Grin

Thank you Vanir! I will give her a go ASAP.

I also agree with you regarding .7z: far more effective compression than with WinZip or WinRar.
WinRar can decormpress .7z archives.

Currently working on a way to get carby heat control for ram effect into the engine model. Oleg did an amazing job, the values and modelling for it are right there. All I have to do is figure out getting it a variable value controlled by the pilot (this also gives you an idea just how comprehensive this simulator engine really is, bloody carby air temp is modelled).

Ram effect is a condition provided by the intake piping. German fighters for example have a ram tube into the supercharger. Result: higher throttle heights for all operating conditions and more usable boost pressure.

Allied aircraft, like the P-40 for example sometimes have a cold air intake tube with internal doors, for quicker start up and better cold environment operation, but also an available ram effect to increase full throttle performance as altitudes rise. Neat, huh.

I want this in. EnsignRo found the modelling for it (thanks dude). Just need to figure the application right.

Thanx Vanir Smile

Cheers, Neil Smile

Thanks vanir look forward to trying this out Big Grin
Thread Closed