Help Request: Looking to tone down gunsight tint on Yak's...

Hi all
Well, the title pretty much sums it up. I've been flying the VVS planes a bit recently, and something that has always bothered me a bit in the past, is now actually bothering me a LOT, and i'm looking for someone who might be able to help me on this little project. Its mainly an issue with the Yaks for me, although some of the others suffer the same. The gunsight glass tint is a bit dark, its okay during daylight, but when last did you try to shoot down something through those sights at sunset, for instance? With some cloud about?
I'll tell you what, i find it almost impossible to line up on a target properly under these conditions, so i'm hoping that there might be a relatively easy way to tone down this tint.
Hopefully it would just be a value edit in a .mat file, or something like that.
If anyone thinks they can help me with this, please let me know, here or via PM?
Cheers 8) [/b]

bigbossmalone Wrote:Hi all
Well, the title pretty much sums it up. I've been flying the VVS planes a bit recently, and something that has always bothered me a bit in the past, is now actually bothering me a LOT, and i'm looking for someone who might be able to help me on this little project. Its mainly an issue with the Yaks for me, although some of the others suffer the same. The gunsight glass tint is a bit dark, its okay during daylight, but when last did you try to shoot down something through those sights at sunset, for instance? With some cloud about?
I'll tell you what, i find it almost impossible to line up on a target properly under these conditions, so i'm hoping that there might be a relatively easy way to tone down this tint.
Hopefully it would just be a value edit in a .mat file, or something like that.
If anyone thinks they can help me with this, please let me know, here or via PM?
Cheers 8) [/b]

Hi!

Create this patch:

MODS\YAKs_pricel\3do\cockpit\Yak-9D.

The name"YAKs_pricel" is optional you can choose an other name (This is for Yak-9D only for other Yaks you have to make their folder too).

You have to open glass_pricel.mat file in corresponding YAK cockpits and find this line:

"colorscale 1.0 1.0 1.0 0.7"

the last value, 0.7, adjust the alpha channel in texture file, reduce this value to for example to 0.2 save and test .
I think it will solve your problem.
:wink: