How do you install UI 1.1 with Vista?

My friend has vista and we tried installing the UI 1.1 but it just did not work at all.
Does anybody have directions on how to do this?

I got vista and everything work right with it ???? You don t need to do anything special....
just a clean 4.08 il2 46

try without downloding direct x 9 when you do il2 46 instalation on vista

I have Vista and was never able to get it running ... Individual installations were also problematic ... Try installing the game in a file other than "Program Files" - this may help ...

Hmm... Does the EXE run correctly?

He has to point the game intaller to C, or whatever drive he trying to load it on, NOT program files .
In other words, the game will try to install to (C/program files/ ubisoft/ il2 1946) by default.
He needs to install it in C.
Vista wont let the game run if you install it under program files.
Once he gets it installed , just point the ui intaller at the same path.
He might get some run as administater probs, (my buddy did) but I dont know he fixed that. I have xp.
Hope this helps
(it would be cool if someone w/ vista would chime in)

Vista SP1 has an alternate Program files called (X86) That's where my IL2 '46 program is.
(X86) Is meant to be the place to keep "Older" Game files

Once you have installed IL2 in there. Open up(Explore)and right click on each executable file and go to properties. Clck the Compatibility Tab. then tick the box to allow running on (X86) folders Then click allusers and again allow (X86) compatibility.Apply and OK settings. Then go to security Tab Highlight your user tag and set allowable usage. Do the same for any other user tabs.

As long as you point the Modification to the C/Tonguerograms(X86)/Ubisoft/il2FB folder.

This should allow any modifications of Game files to take place automatically.