New Oleg Interview at SimHQ

http://www.simhq.com/_air11/air_341a.html

A whole page about modding and some bad news regarding 3rd party modelling in SoW...

Cheers

Nico

Very intresting. I whould not say that these are bad news. The simulations are getting more and more complex and you can not make everything on your own. Third parties are welcome but you have to make interfaces and some rules because if everybody whould be able to model the new simulation it whould end in a complete chaos.

With the beginning of modelling Il-2 it was a little bit the same. You could not give the knowlege to everybody. You had to make small steps. At the moment we can see that Il-2 is opened more and more for everyone because with the UI1.1 we could offer a CRT proofed online playing. At the beginning we only had one or two 3D builders. With the 3D tutorials we can make a much bigger base. The developement of the new AC is a little bit faster.

The Il-2 modders are something like olegs little white test rabbits. He can see in which main direction we want to go. With the release of SoW there might be some stuff that is based on our movements. One hand washes the other. The best thing we can do at the moment is working on IL-2, behave like a big family and set new accents and above to have fun with our hobby.

S!

That is the key as Waggel said, maturity in the modding. There are always people who want to mine the progress and good work others do, but here I have seen a lot of very deep dedication and passion for the projects they work on. And a lot of talent. I am sure Oleg is in a way proud that his gem has a much longer life now with all the modding going on, like EAW has even today.

I appreciate all the work of the modders, but have only one fear. Too many mods and versions making it impossible to keep up what to use and what not. AAA UI in this matter is very good as the approved ones can be included in the next version Smile Regarding BoB..waiting for it yes, but I think when it is out IL-2 has been modded to the extreme already and can compete pretty well with it as IL2 runs on a lower end machine.

wow great news !!! :wink:

Quote:You said recently you want it released for the 70th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain. That would be in September 2010. Are you confident flight simmers around the world will be flying Storm of War: Battle of Britain in October 2010?

Oleg: Yes, it is our general plan. Maybe it will arrive earlier. I can't say right now the exact date. But by October 2010 (if not before) Storm of War: Battle of Britain should have many thousands of users.
great news Big Grin

Quote: So to say that it is now 80% complete would be accurate.

...from the interview:

[quote]
Oleg: I look at new IL-2 mods very rarely. Some are exciting. Some even do things that we wanted to do ourselves but were unable due to lack of time. As far as discussions go, I won

Quote:Doug: What do you think of the capabilities of the best IL-2 modders?

Oleg: I found some people to help us with Storm of War: Battle of Britain in the IL-2 modding community. Soon, everyone will know their names.

OK Magpie, hand over the list now Big Grin Tongue

Avala Wrote:
Quote:Doug: What do you think of the capabilities of the best IL-2 modders?

Oleg: I found some people to help us with Storm of War: Battle of Britain in the IL-2 modding community. Soon, everyone will know their names.

OK Magpie, hand over the list now Big Grin Tongue

Yes...now! Big Grin