Korea map tactic: F 9 vs LA 7R 1945

I was just in a quick mission where my wingy and I were patrolling the Pusan permiter at angels 6. All of a sudden, we get jumped by a pair of La 7R from our high rear 6 o clock. My wingy gets singed and panicking, peels off Confusedhock:

They go after him, I'm busy trying to get a decent shot at these pair and maintain alt :? but they keep leading him around and he falls for it! I tell him to rejoin, but he's too busy trying to evade.

Long of the short of it, he gets shot down- then they come for me. Having concluded there is nothing to be gained in a turn fight with La 7s, I remember the little trick where to evade Zeros in a P-38 you just gives her the gas and nose down a little. Leaves them in the dust very effectively. So having had a unfruitful pass, I headed for the coast with some nose down. They broke off their pursuit after a while and I was able to do it without burning up my engine.

I thought it'd be good to start looking at some of the pairings to see who has the edge 8)

I'm sure the UN pilots will have their hands full when the MiG 15 FM comes out Confusedhock:

Team tactics are the only way a Panther can win against a MiG. Think Zero vs. Wildcat. But the Zero can go higher too.