Static.ini image/record id/title association program

Whew, that was a long title.
Basically, this x86 C program will read your static.ini file and create a html web file to display the entries in the static.ini file. I've included the images I have. Any missing images are easy to add.
Just capture them and put them in the programs Image folder. There is a readme to help with the
install.

To begin installation, unzip the StaticImages.zip file into its own folder.
Copy the desired static.ini file into the same folder.
Run the .exe
Voila!

version 1.1:
http://www.filefront.com/13879947/_StaticImages1.1.zip/

Images for Unified 1.1:
http://www.filefront.com/13915575/Image ... d_1.1.zip/

bloody brilliant Burnsie, works well, gotta add pics now for the mods I've added like egypt :lol:

Cheers

Quelty

Followed directions to a T,,getting "StaticIniImaging stopped working" error as soon as I fire it up Sad
I don't use FMB+ I must be missing something :?

Did you copy your static.ini file into the folder you unzipped to?

anything to help working with the static.ini sounds great....... downloading now!!!!!

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

perhaps you could get it to list [buildings.Plate$...as well as [buildings.House$....
in another version

If there is a space before the [ in the Object name then that item will not be read.....

This is not only brilliant, but a fantastic timesaver ! How you ever created a utility like this is beyond me, but you have my everlasting thanks ...

Very, very useful. Nice job, thank you very much Burns !

K

Very, very good and useful!

Thank you,
Gerax44
Greetings from Vienna

8) Well done!

Could you have a look at a thread? It's in need of someone with your skills. Smile
(The link is inoperative)Tracking Flight Times

burns, thanks a stack for this, man!! Big Grin Big Grin
never mind the pictures - this'll help with organising my static easily, now i can spot the problem objects quickly...i can go on, but i'll stop at thanks for this little nugget!! Big Grin Big Grin 8)

Didn't think there was a need to post 'plate' entries. That's possible.

As for the eventlog....I forgot that existed. I'll have to look into it. I'd like to have the stats too.

I dont understand what this does exactly.... Can someone break it down for me pls?

Bearcat Wrote:I dont understand what this does exactly.... Can someone break it down for me pls?

This is a very useful tool for when you are either making maps - or also when you are building missions and are placing objects.

Ever tried remembering what object 422 is? Or if you are looking for a Norwegian shed, do you think you can remember which object number it is?

I can't - but this tool lets you SEE what the objects are and gives you their number at once.

Also very important for map-makers - objects in map-making versions of Il-2 are complied in the most odd and illogical directories. If you need a quai for a harbor you have to go looking in Norwegian Houses.

I ask you - would you have thought of that all by yourself? The logic of the grouping escapes me.

But with this tool you can actually LOOK and SEE what you need.

A great time-saver.

Hi BC,
The program reads "your" static ini and produces a html output with name, number and picture so that you can easily find the object in FMB. Screenie below of the top bit of mine;

[Image: iniimage.jpg]

Cheers

Quelty

Has anyone worked out a good method to add photos of the missing objects?