[MOD] P-38J Lightning cockpit, with new working gauges v1.3

Good team guys , excellent continuing work progress !!
That's what this community is all about !!

S! HG & P

T_O_A_D Wrote:Thanks bigbossmalone and JAMF for your replies.
I have Photoshop from skinning, so Now that I know what files to look at, I'll give it a go, and get my woman off my back, She's always saying Who's this Lilo chick on your dash. So I explain, and she mutters something about I should fix that. hehehe
Well, the "so Now that I know what files to look at" bit you could have found out by glancing over the readme. Wink

I want to give everyone that's running the MR version the tip, that copying the panel.tga and stick.tga files over from the HR directory to the MR directory should boost the overall look, without decreasing performance IMHO. If you're satisfied with the result, you could copy the subdirectories named Grip_xxx and Panel_xxx over from the HR version into the MR version too.

HolyGrail Wrote:Good team guys , excellent continuing work progress !!
That's what this community is all about !!

S! HG & P
Thanks HG. I can't wait to activate the H&P sauce (Wink) soon, but I'll have to wait a bit longer.

[Image: Hp_logo.png] Big Grin

L.O.L. :lol: :lol: :lol: that was a good one JAMF :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now back to work on some more visual cockpit and effects pimpin' Big Grin

HG & P

It really is a PLEASURE to see more guages work..................can u make the mixture controlable too?? THANKS Tongue

Sad Thanks for your excellent work, but I can't download it from mediafire, and the rapidshare link told me it is not for free user, so can you send it again by filefront? Thank you very much!

I just fixed the alpha on the gauges missing it, but I'm assuming that'll be included in NWD's work anyway; however I'm toying with the idea of taking on yet another project, and resknning a few fairly important details which are still in the original washed-out, blurry state (switchboxes, fuses, etc.); I'll see how I am for time, if I get enough in the upcoming weeks I might see what I can do about them.

Updated to V1.1 and filefront link added. MR looks much better now with the mip-mapping fixed, so no more bad Aliasing around the needles and instruments. It should fix the bugs people PM-ed about.

I'd be happy if you'd have a go, Rossmum. Big Grin

Thanks to you & the team Top Job ,am using HR version & making my fav USAF plane all the better ,time to refly all the P38 o/l campaigns again Cheers

Big Grin thank you for the filefront link, I can down load the excellent MOD now

I've just noticed that the other P-38's (L, Late) now display this great cockpit, as well! Is this normal? Is the J cockpit universal for the P-38's?
Not complaining - it's a bonus, as far as i'm concerned :wink: - just wondering about it...?

Nice Work JAMF, great attention to detail .Big Grin

BigBoss, all of the P38's use the same cockpit files. I think they could be split with some class editing if some major difference needed to be modeled. I wanted to do this so as to apply a K-14 sight to the Late. Within the original class files for the P-38-late, there is coding for a K14 sight, so there was thought given to this in the initial model development. Perhaps Gibbage would know why it was deactivated. Some have posted pics of the P38 with a K-14 sight, but I think the consensus is that they were not used in combat.

Thx and great working extra gauges too. Smile Kewl info, Poncho. You'll never know what you find if you go digging in the files. Smile

Still hard at work with other mods and RL?

Now with so much R&D work done, the old Skunkworks bird can go back in the hangar:

[Image: skunkworkss.jpg]

Wink

If someone can find me reliable refs of what all the text on the fuse/switchboxes says, it'd be handy. I can make out about half of it, the rest is too ambiguous to touch at the moment.

Once that's worked out I'll see if I can start, problem is I dunno when the Army want to send me off to Kapooka for four weeks so I'll either have a lot of spare time coming up or absolutely no contact with the internet and no PC access for almost a month...

rossmum Wrote:If someone can find me reliable refs of what all the text on the fuse/switchboxes says, it'd be handy. I can make out about half of it, the rest is too ambiguous to touch at the moment

I'll get some material to you. What graphics programmes do you have installed?

Photoshop CS2 and MS Paint. :lol: