Help!

Hi,
I am new to this whole mods business and I was wondering if that Unified Installer 1.1 was the key to all of my problems. First of I have downloaded many different mods activators, sound activators, and AC installers. None of them seem to work. Secondly can you download a MODS folder or does that come with the UI.1.1? Also I was looking at the UI thing and each part looks to be 250MB EACH! I'll fill my whole computer up! Also what is the mirror UI for? Lastly when you download the UI and then when you want to download an airplane is there an install button for the airplane or do you just put it in this "mods" folder.

Thanks,
liamp51

P.S. Where is this air.ini thing located and what does it do? Big Grin

hi liamp51,

keep it simple if you're new to MODs - make sure you have a new clean install of Il2 1946 on your computer (delete old install if necessary) - this will help hugely!

for starters I would only d/load all 8 parts of the UI1.1

make a new empty folder on your desktop and copy & paste them into it.

double click on 'part1' (its icon will look different to the others)

follow the instructions to point it at your Il2 1946 installation - it will auto install everything for you.

then download the UI1.1 patch and run this too.

Play with this for a while - use the included version switcher to play 4.09bm version offline for best results.

Get used to the (plenty!!) of new aircraft and included MODs it provides Smile

UI1.1 will create a MODS folder for you. To install more MODs later most will just need copying and pasting into this folder & some will even auto install for you - but I would suggest you get up & running with UI1.1 first as it is the basis of eveything else.

You can also change your confi.ini file for better graphical results, etc - post again later if you'd like a hand editing this, its very easy to do Smile

You mention the space used by UI1.1 - how much hard drive disk space do you have? If you'd like to post your computer specs (CPU, graphics card, hard drive size, RAM) that may help.

cheers

Ash

a bit of deja vous :lol: :lol:

viewtopic.php?t=16487

I run il-2 on a laptop Fujitsu Lifebook. It has A 183GB hard drive. I think there is about 43GB free space. One thing I forgot to mention was that A while back I downloaded a mod from fileshack that lets you fly the AI planes like the B-17 and all the others that you can't fly any other way. It also replaced the old lawnmower loops with more life like new sounds. Does the UI do that to? And when you install the UI does it give you custom cockpits for the AI planes? Also does the UI come with the 4.09 version so you can upgrade it to that version? I tried to download the new 4.09 beta version but when I copied and pasted the new files for 4.09 the game wouldn't start up anymore so I just converted it back to 4.08m. I think the laptop that I am running il-2 on has a graphics extender in it so it does not have a real video card. Even so I can run everything at Excelent just not Perfect settings. I went in to the Conf.ini I altered is so I got better explosions ect. but not perfect water. The processor is an Intel Core2 Duo. I think I will just uninstall the game and install the UI. Also the game is actually a copy I made when I messed the original up. I think that may be causing me some problems too. Funny thing is il-2 1946 runs the fastest I've ever seen it run anywhere but I can't get perfect settings? Go figureSmile

Thanks,
liamp51

Hi again,

ok - I would definitely uninstall & delete everything Il2 currently on your laptop and start from scratch!

once you have a new clean install of 1l2 1946 d/load and run this patch:

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name ... s&get=3199

You are now updated to 4.09

then run the UI1.1 as in my previous post
then run UI1.1 patch.

all of these will auto install for you (no copy/paste needed Smile )

If you don't have an nvidia graphics card you won't get full perfect settings I'm afraid Sad

UI1.1 will give you flyable AI planes & also some new planes from here at AAA, all with full cockpits, etc, better sounds, better clouds, new maps, etc

full list of all included MODs is here:

(The link is inoperative)

hope this helps!

Tigger88 Wrote:Hi again,

If you don't have an nvidia graphics card you won't get full perfect settings I'm afraid Sad

hope this helps!

you will chap, i was using an atix1900xtx for about 3 years, and i was running on perfect settings all the time.

the difference between getting and not getting perfect id using directx or openGL.
openGL allows perfect settings, directX does not. :wink:

Sorry Saburo, think I was a little broad in my answer there - should have clarified I meant with the water!!

As I understand only nvidia can give you 'juicy' water?!

Ash

Tigger88 Wrote:Sorry Saburo, think I was a little broad in my answer there - should have clarified I meant with the water!!

As I understand only nvidia can give you 'juicy' water?!

Ash

and you can with ATI.
ati water setting 2 is the same as nvidia water setting 4 :wink:

aha! Smile

I've got 2 HD3870's in crossfire and use water=2 and it looks great, I just always presumed the water=4 on nvidia gave you a little bit more!

Happy now Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

THANKS SO MUCH!
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

How do you install 4.09? Big Grin And do you have to have 4.08 installed too? Big Grin

your install of Il2 1946 should be 4.08, but for peace of mind you can grab it from here

http://files.filefront.com/IL+2+Sturmov ... einfo.html

and run it once you've installed Il2 1946 and before you do anything else, it won't hurt and will make sure that you're at 4.08 as a starting point.

Any snags just shout but looks like you're good to go !

how much space will the UI take altogether?

Thank You Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Anytime!

Enjoy Big Grin