More realalistic roads update

KG64_cnopicilin Wrote:OH MY GOD!

OMG OMG!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 2 FN Kool! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

THANK YOU!

911dan Wrote::lol: This is a joke. You guys fell for this? It's not possible in IL-2. Nice dream tho Big Grin

These do NOT replace the default rail lines laid down by the map maker..
these are for mission builders to place and then tailor the train route to follow the curves as in my thread here......

viewtopic.php?t=8432&highlight=trains

This looks pretty awesome! Big Grin

I hope those tracks and roads can be used for vehicles that easily like the deafult ones without being a programmer though ... :roll:

Anyhow, ... good work, kevinp! Smile

YOWZA!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
These, in conjunction with american's new grass, and we basically have a new sim....as far as the ground is concerned... :wink:

CzechTexan Wrote:I especially like the side-by-side RR tracks. This is impossible to do with the "old" way. Are these plates the same length as the current RR track objects? (not the long tracks you lay down in unlocked-FMB).

These tracks are twice the length of the current track objects.

Ah crap Kev the image links are broken!

will we be able to make our own roads?

litozinnamon Wrote:will we be able to make our own roads?

Yes, but it's very slow work because the road sections are short & need to be lined up accurately.

Thanks for the reply on track length. 2x the length is 2x as good!! Keep up the good work.

Link to my MEDIAFIRE downloads page: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb9c2dafe61348e7c82ed4b8f0c380e04e75f6e8ebb871">http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb ... f6e8ebb871</a><!-- m -->

How is this coming along??

kevinp Wrote:
CzechTexan Wrote:I especially like the side-by-side RR tracks. This is impossible to do with the "old" way. Are these plates the same length as the current RR track objects? (not the long tracks you lay down in unlocked-FMB).

These tracks are twice the length of the current track objects.
what are the chances of making some lengths like 10x or even 20x, for those long runs out in the country etc ?

fabianfred Wrote:How is this coming along??

It's finished but I'm still testing it to make sure there's nothing else I need to make.
Also I am trying to learn how to make an installer for it. I would appreciate some help
with this, if anyone can point me in the direction of an installer creation program or
tutorial.

Cheers
Kevin

Quote:what are the chances of making some lengths like 10x or even 20x, for those long runs out in the country etc ?

Not much chance. I've tried using a bigger plate but with only limited success.

Sad

kevinp Wrote:
fabianfred Wrote:How is this coming along??

It's finished but I'm still testing it to make sure there's nothing else I need to make.
Also I am trying to learn how to make an installer for it. I would appreciate some help
with this, if anyone can point me in the direction of an installer creation program or
tutorial.

Cheers
Kevin

Hi kevinp,

This is the one I use on Map_c Toolbox, CoastAlign and Eagles Lair, free if you use the "Simple" project.

http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Hope this helps....