How do you use FatDucks Msh Exporter?

I've been trying to use this to export a ship mesh but am obviously doing something wrong.
Model info is here viewtopic.php?p=208954#208954

I have set up a clone of HMSKGV in a spare slot in my ShipPack2 mod. This loads into FMB ok.

Now to make a start I am just trying to substitute my Tribal Class msh for the Hull1.msh in the clone ship. Total model is about 6000 polys.

The Tribal model is set up as a LOD0 model only and has no texture applied nor UVW mapping. The other LODS and DMG parts are not yet made.
I load FatDucks converter and run it an select a part of the Tribal Class hull. Lots of text appears in the Listener, which I copy and paste into the clone ship Hull1.msh file, replacing the equivalent sections.

Back in IL-2 I load the ship in FMB which loads ok but when I zoom in to LOD0 the Hull1.msh is invisible.

Any tips?

We're working on a tutorial for 3D import process, focusing on using Buggy Buggy as the main exporter (Fatduck's).

Some basic tips for it to work;

- Make sure the material is correctly named; such as Gloss1D0o or skin or what have you

- ensure that the part you are importing into the game does not exceed 3000 poly's or else the game cannot render it correctly

- make sure the scale of the mesh is correct

- ensure the naming of the mesh is correct, so the hier.him is pointing at it

- placement in the hier.him file is correct

There is more, but that should be a good starter for you till we have a full tutorial up and running.

Quote:We're working on a tutorial for 3D import process, focusing on using Buggy Buggy as the main exporter (Fatduck's).

That is good news, Magpie.

Any tutorials on using the Buggy Buggy will be most welcome. Big Grin

Hawkers Big Grin