[MOD] *NEW* Slot A/C & Wpn (IL-2I & T) (v1.0)

[MOD] *NEW* Slot A/C & Wpn (IL-2I & T) (v1.0)
---------------------------------------------
(Attention: New Slot Only - request for posting of this mod was run through fly_zo and RAF_Magpie before hand.)

UberDemon is hosting all danzigzag MODs.

This is the first of a series of small mods that aim to provide modification to the "type" of aircraft included in the original models with weapon updates (typically missing historical ordinances). Additions are in new slots, this way updated models of many of the existing types can be done, without changing the original models, thus avoiding cheating and avoiding the compromise of flight model and Weapons.

In this version (v1.0), the following mods are included:

* IL-2I with updated weapons [NEW SLOT]
* IL-2T with updated weapons [NEW SLOT]

IL-2I
-----

[Image: dzzmod_il2i.jpg]

The IL-2I limited production and limited use fighter version of the IL-2 had the capability to carry bombs up to 250Kg in its external weapon pylons (Reference: Gordon & Khazanov - Soviet Combat Aircraft of the Second World War). This was never implemented in the original IL-2I in the IL-2 Sim series. Although not confirmed, carrying bombs was a common practice amongst Soviet fighter units, and even in an imaginary scenario, it is not out of the realm of possibilities that the IL-2I would do the same, and become an efficient ground attack plane just like the other members of the IL-2 family

The weapon loads are as follows:
- Default (the usual 2x23mm cannons)
- 2xFAB50 50Kg Bombs
- 2xFAB100 100Kg Bombs
- 2xFAB250 250Kg Bombs
- Empty

IL-2T
-----

[Image: dzzmod_il2t.jpg]

The IL-2T Torpedo bomber retained the ability to carry up to four rockets (Reference: IL-2 Object Viewer text). This was never implemented in the original IL-2T in the IL-2 Sim series. This version has the ability to carry rockets in addition or instead of torpedo.

The weapon loads are as follows:
- 1xType 45-12 Torpedo
- 4xRS82 Rockets
- 4xBRS82 Rockets
- 4xRS132 Rockets
- 4xBRS132 Rockets
- 1xTorpedo + 4xRS82
- 1xTorpedo + 4xBRS82
- 1xTorpedo + 4xRS132
- 1xTorpedo + 4xBRS132
- Empty

Installation
============
air.ini = C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\air.ini
plane_ru.properties = C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\STD\i18n\plane_ru.properties
weapons_ru.properties = C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\STD\i18n\weapons_ru.properties

(Attention: You must already have the MODS folder and wrapper.dll installed and functional.)

DOWNLOAD Here:
* DZZ Mod Version 1.0

1) Unzip file dzz_modv0010.zip

2) Copy the "PaintSchemes" folder into the IL-2 1946 installation folder (C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\)

3) Copy the "DZZ_NewSlotWpnMods"folder into the MODS folder (C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS)

4) In "air.ini" add lines below (suggest adding each below original aircraft):
Code:
Il-2I_DZZMod      air.IL_2I_DZZ 1                               r01   SUMMER
Il-2T_DZZMod      air.IL_2T_DZZ 1                               r01   WINTER
5) In "plane_ru.properties" add lines below (suggest adding each below original aircraft):
Code:
Il-2I_DZZMod         IL-2I (Weapon Update), 1943
Il-2T_DZZMod         IL-2T (Weapon Update), 1943

6) In "weapons_ru.properties" add following:
Code:
#####################################################################
# Il-2I_DZZMod
Il-2I_DZZMod.default                           Default
Il-2I_DZZMod.2XFAB50                           2xFAB50 50Kg Bombs
Il-2I_DZZMod.2XFAB100                          2xFAB100 100Kg Bombs
Il-2I_DZZMod.2XFAB250                          2xFAB250 250Kg Bombs
Il-2I_DZZMod.none                              Empty

# Il-2T_DZZMod
Il-2T_DZZMod.default                           Default
Il-2T_DZZMod.1x45-12                           1xType 45-12 Torpedo
Il-2T_DZZMod.4xRS82                            4xRS82 Rockets
Il-2T_DZZMod.4xBRS82                           4xBRS82 Rockets
Il-2T_DZZMod.4xRS132                           4xRS132 Rockets
Il-2T_DZZMod.4xBRS132                          4xBRS132 Rockets
Il-2T_DZZMod.t4xRS82                           1xTorpedo + 4xRS82
Il-2T_DZZMod.t4xBRS82                          1xTorpedo + 4xBRS82
Il-2T_DZZMod.t4xRS132                          1xTorpedo + 4xRS132
Il-2T_DZZMod.t4xBRS132                         1xTorpedo + 4xBRS132
Il-2T_DZZMod.none                              Empty
7) Run the latest AC Installer from AAA (3.8)

8) Start IL-2 1946 and enjoy!

Best Regards

Thanks danzigzag.One question though in your install directions you say to copy the PaintSchemes folder into the main game folder,just for clarification for me and others is it just possible to open up your folder and drop the contents into a already existing PaintSchemes folder? I do not want to overwrite my original with all my skins do I?

awsome MOD Tongue Tongue Thank you testing now if it all works Big Grin

And it works perfectly hehe 8)

If the Il-2I was capable of carrying up to 250kg ordnance, why do you have the 2XFAB250 loadout, that's actually 500kg or twice the maximal payload????

Maybe change it to a 1xFAB250 on the centerline?

Radoye Wrote:If the Il-2I was capable of carrying up to 250kg ordnance, why do you have the 2XFAB250 loadout, that's actually 500kg or twice the maximal payload????

Sorry,

I was not clear. The IL-2I did not have a centerline pylon for Bombs. Here is the quote from the book (the book mentioned in the original post). This should clear things up: "Moreover, each of the Il-2I's external bomb racks could carry bombs up to 551lb (250kg)."

Gumpy Wrote:Thanks danzigzag.One question though in your install directions you say to copy the PaintSchemes folder into the main game folder,just for clarification for me and others is it just possible to open up your folder and drop the contents into a already existing PaintSchemes folder? I do not want to overwrite my original with all my skins do I?

When you drop that folder there, it will only add the two additional folders for the planes. So no worries, you will not overwrite your originals... these are new folders and I just added the void.bmps to allow people to use their favorite skins.

danzigzag Wrote:
Radoye Wrote:If the Il-2I was capable of carrying up to 250kg ordnance, why do you have the 2XFAB250 loadout, that's actually 500kg or twice the maximal payload????

Sorry,

I was not clear. The IL-2I did not have a centerline pylon for Bombs. Here is the quote from the book (the book mentioned in the original post). This should clear things up: "Moreover, each of the Il-2I's external bomb racks could carry bombs up to 551lb (250kg)."
Oh OK then, that is indeed 2xFAB250 Smile

So then I'm supposed to copy the contents of your PaintSchemes folder and drop them into my original folder?because if I just try to drop yours in my main game folder it asks me if it's ok to overwrite.

Gumpy Wrote:So then I'm supposed to copy the contents of your PaintSchemes folder and drop them into my original folder?because if I just try to drop yours in main game folder it asks me if it's ok to overwrite.

yep, overwrite... that is a default Windows feature because the name of the folder is the same. What windows actually does is that it only overwrites if there are files of the same name. You will create new folders and new files. That is a standard Windows feature. If you do not feel comfortable, drill down on the directory you unziped and manually copy the new folders... the end result is the same... but only at more work on your part... Smile

Hope that makes sense.

danzigzag what others are in the pipeline?
btw works great.

Hi mate!

Thanks a lot for those addition!!!!

cheers

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

At last, sense has been seen, i suggested this over a year ago, updating original planes fm/dm/wepons and adding as new slot.

well done, perhaps now we will see some more realistic FM's in the game Big Grin Big Grin

thanks for this Big Grin

reg
Z

Great! Thanks for this!

danzigzag Wrote:This is the first of a series of small mods that aim to provide modification to the "type" of aircraft included in the original models with weapon updates (typically missing historical ordinances).

And this sounds very promsising...

Awesome mod! Do you think the IL-10 was also fitted with 250 bombs? There are only 100lb bombs available right now...

This IL-2 Sturmovik is really a great multipurpose airplane. It's even good at dogfighting older planes (i'm talking of the Il-10 through later Il-2's could also do it)