Germany Map ??

Does anyone on a map of Germany?
for Allied bombers Missions.

The default Berlin map is the best we have, though it is more suited for Russian missions with a lage chunk of land to the East. NW Europe is another good one. No take off in England for Allied bombers with those maps though. For that you'll have to wait for the Channel maps and the North Sea map if it gets finished.

Cheers

Nico

A map of South-East Germany should be in the works. A dream for any attempt in reenacting the Schweinfurt raids. Though no WIP state known to me at least.

Greets,
Pongie

In Schweinfurt, I also thought Big Grin
So would be great:[Image: landkarte-deutschland-gross.jpg]
But that is really working the many towns. :wink:

have you tried the Alpen Map?

about the biggest map you can get and you can fly over all of the alpine region, Vienna, Augsburg, Munich....

If somebody make this and it would be fully populated and still fyable, that would be great.

Well Kapteeni has a point there... 'Fully Populated'... This would be a real nightmare for anyone who'd endeavour to build such a map. All the huge cities and industrial areas would be a real pain to make.

Cheers

Nico

vampire_pilot Wrote:have you tried the Alpen Map?

about the biggest map you can get and you can fly over all of the alpine region, Vienna, Augsburg, Munich....

Yes, the Alps, I have the map is great.

But a German map would be even better, but how PorcoRosso said it would be a nightmare for the makers, because when I think of the Ruhrgebiet Confusedhock:

PorcoRosso Wrote:Well Kapteeni has a point there... 'Fully Populated'... This would be a real nightmare for anyone who'd endeavour to build such a map. All the huge cities and industrial areas would be a real pain to make.

Cheers

Nico
It would be 1 of the 7 wonders of modern times!
All the airfields and stuff. I can't even imagine the whining about that dis and dat airfields is in a wrong place...or has a wrong platform. Remember the default Italy online debate @ ubizoo. Kinda miss it! lol..It was like Italian opera! And this is Germany... They love accuracy and order (no offence-just stereotyping)LMAO
Somebody could try to make punch of smaller Germany maps though.

OR scale down the map to 3/4 or even 2/3, making owns smaller and a bit less painful to make. FPS hit would also be huge with the objects available....
Apparently CanonUk found a way to reduce the FPS hit - and from the preview pics I've seen still make realistically populated cities - in his Channel map, so I'm waiting to see how that'll turn out. Could be a big step forward for map makers. They'll still have to place those objects though Big Grin

Cheers

Nico