how do i merge two maps???

is it possible to merge two maps together???? im new to map making so i havent got a clue.

In theory it should be possible to merge the landscapes. The two maps will have to have the same length or hight. The problems will be map-c, which will have to be de-compiled, merged and then re-compiled again. That will bi a bit of a bugger, but doable. The objects on the map ending on top or to the right will have to be deleted and re-installed manually, unless someone figure out a way to auto-edit the objects-file.

I suspect that the meaning is - can you combine 2 maps and make 1, double sized map out of the 2.

That I don't think is possible.

As far as I know, that is in essence how the B29 Alley map was done.

Kopfdorfer

You can combine the image files to make a larger map, with the caveat that the actors.static could not be combined in a way that the object placement would make sense in the new larger map. The map_T's would have to be finessed to blend at the edges, and if two different rgb height curves were used to develop the map_h's you might end up with one part of the new, combined map, having different looking elevations from another part. In the end I don't see how it would be worth the trouble over just starting a new bigger map afresh. -viking

Yes it can be done but it takes a while to do and needs care.

map_c --- decompile to make tga file. Use graphics package to join up the two parts.
map_T and map_h are simple graphics merges.

With both the above if the maps are from different sources there will be misalignments on the join.
Roads will not line up, sudden steps in height etc. All of these need to be edited out.

actors.static -- Use the actors tools and cut and shift utility. Objects are referenced from bottom left corner, so the map which remains bottom left will already have its objects in the correct location. The other map will need the objects shifted. Airfield points need to have unique reference numbers so the second map will have to have all of these re numberered.

Its a similar but simpler process to extend any existing map. The Canvas Knights map uses the Battle of France map, cropped the east and west boundaries and extended the south boundary. Similar thing has been done for the WWI Italian Front map using the Alpen Map, in ths case just cropping out an area and editing the airfields.