Working on a P-40 template, anybody interested?

Hi all, I just wanted to post one of my side projects here to see if anyone's interested; I've been working on making several of my own templates for many different a/c in game, and since I haven't really found any P-40E/M skins that I really liked (other than RONNCO's, but since they're marked for the aleutians, they aren't really suitable for most of my flying), so I decided to try to make my own, while adding to my template-making experience at the same time. If there's enough interest, I might end up uploading the skins. I tried something new with these skins, adding some "post-processing" once the base skin was complete, i.e. I used GIMP's "sharpen" filter to enhance some of the details on the skin, and to help add a little more texture to it (comparison shots are at the bottom of the post). The skins are still WIP, but I think they're close enough to post the screens. Anyway, I guess I'll shut up now and show the pics Wink
As always, any kind of feedback, good or bad, is always welcome, thanks for looking!

[Image: p401.jpg]

[Image: p4010.jpg]

[Image: p4011.jpg]

[Image: p402.jpg]

[Image: p403.jpg]

[Image: p404.jpg]

[Image: p405.jpg]

[Image: p406.jpg]

[Image: p407.jpg]

[Image: p408.jpg]

[Image: p409.jpg]

With sharpening:
[Image: P-40E.jpg]

[Image: P-40E2.jpg]

without (and a slight color change):
[Image: test2.jpg]

[Image: test2-1.jpg]

Great Skins! Love the P-40, it's one of the most beautifull aircrafts ever made! Big Grin

The panel lines look well blended in aswell as weathered.

But I'd say the chip's could be toned down a little.

But there, just my opinion, Looks great so far!

Great attention to detail. Very impressive!

Great job,
Id want them Smile

I need to the template!
Possible?

Thank you!
Zsolt Beleznay

how in hades did i miss this post back in 2009?! i really really really hope this template is still around / available to public consumption

The template when will be available???