Invisible Krono Plates

I would be most appreciative if someone would tell me what mod includes the 'invisible Krono plates'?

Cheers,

Riptide

These have been replaced by newer versions called BlankFieldPlate included in UI 1.1
If you have UI 1.1 installed you will find them in MODS/ObjectsMap/3do/Airfields

If you are using them for map building its a good idea to substitute a coloured skin for the plate so that you can see where you are putting them, then put back the transparent skin when finished. They must be used on perfectly level, or uniformly sloped ground to avoid creating steps at the edges of the plates. If you have a map with the invisible steps you will find it difficult to take off and land without crashing.

asheshouse,

Thanks for the information. I am using the current verison of U.I. My problem is that when I try to takeoff or land at Kunsan or Taegu on the Korea Map, I crash my plane. It like trying to takeoff or land off on rough terrain rather than a runway. I thought this was a problem with the map. However, I was told to check to see if the invisible Kronos plates were working, but wasn't given any specifics about how to go about doing that.

I will return home tomorrow. I will see if I can find the BlankFieldPlate file. I assume if it is there, it is working. Is that correct? If I don't find it, where can I get?

The Korea Map is great. Currently, I am using multiple test runways for both the runway and a taxi way to my favorite hangar. But, I don't like the test runways and would rather fix my mod installation.

Cheers,

Riptide

I've not tried the Korea map yet so not able to comment on the map specifically.

The problem you describe is either due to

1. the airfield area not having the blankplates present

2. or because the ground is not level at the airfield.

To check 2. use FMB to check the ground levels (H) . They should be the same over the whole airfield area, or at least on the runway areas.

for 1., maybe they are not using the UI 1.1 standard plates. If so there should be a note in the installation readme.

asheshouse,

A source I consider reliable told me that there's nothing wrong with the KTO Map. So, I think I need to have another look at the readme file to identify what I did wrong.

I very much appreciate your comments on my inquiry. Thanks again.

Cheers,

Riptide

I checked the actors.static.
The map appears to use the standard BlankFieldPlate which you get with UI 1.1

This is a good excuse to install the map. Mig Alley here we come.

-- After installation checked both Taegu and Kunsan by doing fast taxi -- no problems.

The only BlankFieldPlate I have installed is the one which is in MODS/ObjectsMap/3do/airfield installed with UI 1.1

Previous versions included CanonsObjects and I think FabianFreds (ffb_objects)? both of which I don't have installed, but they came with earlier versions of their maps.

Do a search for any folders called BlankFieldPlate and if you have more than one then disable the non UI 1.1 versions.

--- and thanks for persuading me to install the KTO map. Its a cracker.

Ashe

Ashe,

Glad you like the KTO Map. I've had a slight setback on getting home, but that should clear up pretty soon. When I do get home, I'll have a look at my mods installation. I do have both Canon's and FabinFred's objects. So, I could have a previous verison of 'BlankFieldPlates'. I could never get the Thailand Map to work right. You know the story, can't play, can't save. After installing the new U.I., I can't even get that map to load.

In any case, I'll let you know what I find.

Cheers,

Riptide

Ashe,

I ran a search and confirmed that I have only one BlankFieldPlate directory I have under MODS. The directory path is "MODS\ObjectsMap\3DO\Airfield\BlankFieldPlate". Below are the file names in that directory:

Live.msh
live.sim
Matt1D0o.mat
Matt1D0p.mat
skin1o.tga
skin1p.tga

All files were last modified on 12/21/2008 at 2:41 PM. I think these are the current files.

I have not found anythng related to the problem I am having with the Kunsan and Taegu runways. I have not found any messages about anyone else having this problem. So, what ever is wrong with my installation reminds a mystery.

Cheers,

Riptide

If you have separate mods installed for ffb objects or canons objects try temporarily disabling them by putting - in front of the name.

Also check in static.ini for these lines

//===========================================================================
[***]
Title Canon Blank Field Plate
[buildings.Plate$BlankFieldPlate]
Title BlankFieldPlate
Mesh 3do/airfield/BlankFieldPlate/live.sim

Blankfieldplate should only appear once in the static.ini

Ashe,

The section in static.ini that you mentioned only occurs once in my static.ini. The spacing between some words is a little different as shown below. I don't think that makes a difference.

//========================================================================
[***]
Title Canon Blank Field Plate
[buildings.Plate$BlankFieldPlate]
Title BlankFieldPlate
Mesh 3do/airfield/BlankFieldPlate/live.sim

Cheers,

Riptide

Ashe,

It seems multiple spaces get removed when posting a message. What I was referring to was multiple spaces between Title and Blank... and Mesh and 3do in my static.ini.

Cheers,

Riptide

Ashe,

I re-installed U.I. 1.1. That solved my takeoff and landing problems on the KTO Map.

Cheers,

Riptide