[MOD] Boeing P26 Peashooter Now Available.

Since I installed the P-26 I get the 60% crash when loading the game. Do I need another buttons file?

Osudog Wrote:WOW and what a fun little aircraft to fly ....You are a master Deutschmark ........It's all I can do to stay in the cockpit and not keep looking at it in the outside view Thanks for all your work

couldent agree with you more osudog.
we are very appreciative of the Modder's here. Bring on ww-1 it will be FANTASTIC!!!!! after flying this baby were in for a real treat.

PD

Salute ALL hi ;-)

You do NOT need a new buttons file.

Deutschmark
WW1 Project Member.

Very impressive, and very promising!

The P-26 isn't a total oddity, operationally. It was used in combat by the Philippine Air Force, during the Japanese invasion of the Philippines 1941, to be more specific, by the 6th Pursuit Squadron, based at Batangos. They did intercept some Japanese bombers, and their commander, Captain Jesus Villamor, was credited with one kill.

[Image: p26-1.jpg]

I am working on a mini-campaign, using the P-26 and Delvpiers Philippines map.

Superb work Deutschmark! (And thanks to al others involved in this surprise project!) Jesus Villamor soon flies again, thanks to you guys!

Juri_JS Wrote:Since I installed the P-26 I get the 60% crash when loading the game. Do I need another buttons file?

Problem solved, it was my mistake, I had put the P26 plane folder in the mod folder.

Many thanks for your work Deutschmark.

Excellent choice, and very nice modeled.
And dont forget that this bird also flew in the Chinese Royal Airforce.
its there it saw most of its combat.

The first Boeing P-26 to experience major combat operation was the Chinese Model 281 in what was the world's first air-interception and destruction of raiding monoplane aircraft by monoplane aircraft. On 15 August 1937, eight of the Boeing fighters from the Chinese Air Force 3rd Pursuit Group 17th Squadron based at Chuyung airfield, engaged eight out of 20 Mitsubishi G3M Japanese bombers from the Kisarazu Air Group sent to attack Nanking. The Chinese Boeing fighters helped shoot down two of the four Japanese bombers destroyed that day without suffering any losses. Subsequent engagements between the Chinese "Peashooter" pilots and pilots of the Imperial Japanese Navy flying the Mitsubishi A5M "Claudes" were the first ever aerial dogfights and kills between monoplane fighter aircraft.[5]A single P-26 was in service during the Spanish Civil War of 1936-39, but no aerial kills were recorded with this aircraft.[6]

thank you
Verry good

Juri_JS Wrote:
Juri_JS Wrote:Since I installed the P-26 I get the 60% crash when loading the game. Do I need another buttons file?

Problem solved, it was my mistake, I had put the P26 plane folder in the mod folder.

Many thanks for your work Deutschmark.

I had the same problem. In part it is the instructions for installing...
"Install your P26,
#1. Open the P26 plane folder inside you will find the P26 folder put that folder into
Your mods folder with all your other planes, path for that is;
C:\Programme\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS."

It should read (bold-color-italic for clarity)...
"Open the P26 Plane folder inside you will find a P-26 folder and put that folder into
Your mods folder
..."

This is not a criticism as I'm betting English is not the native language of the creator of the install instructions. English is such a screwy langugae sometimes.
Could this "clarification" be added into the first post along with the re-naming of the Skins folder and the gunsight cover toggle?

Hallo Deutschmark,

many thanks for your work! She is really a sweet little beauty! Big Grin

S! Sir_Noppes

Thanks Deutschmark, I love the old aircraft, long drawn out dogfights are great fun, I'm really looking forward to the WWI aircraft Smile

As AI aircraft in QMB, it has a Ki-27 icon, so no prizes for guessing the flight model you've used :wink:

No problem though, as I would think that they would be very similar Smile

Thanks DM and to all involved,a really cool aircraft 8)

[Image: P-26Pic.jpg]

@gerax44: thx for your entries for the waepons_ru.properties! When i choose the 4x25p loadout, i have only 2 bombs under the wings. Is there something wrong with the loadout? Or is it ok?

S! Sir_Noppes

Congratulations! I always like to see new slot planes in IL-2 1946....

Nothing is perfect and I'm sure that there are ways to improve the flying experience..But right now it's great...

Very manoeuverable plane too...

Very nice work DM Big Grin

Beautiful little killing machine Smile