Mapping Madness!! China and Vietnam

I trimmed down the original photo to just passed the mountains.
I am not use to reasonably flat rolling hill side country.

With your photo I think that there might be a problem with infinity with that second stip of land.
That strip of land could go on for ever.

If your want more country I can do that

Here's the real deal. Just made it tonight

I'll try a different load.ini with it as well as I have always been using Kevin P's HB Pacific Islands load.ini.

There you go the real deal. Will upload for you on Wednesday night.

Are you Polish? I am from Canada but my mother has a Polish background.

Cheers Kirby

Lamphun

Perfect! You have done it! Superb! (But then again: don't ditch the big one! It needs to be done!!!)

Make the "eastern" cut where you see fit, and the infinity problem can be reasonably avoided.

Excellent, excellent! :veryhappy:

PS. No, I'm not Polish, my family background is Austrian - but right now I live in Sweden!

If anyone is having problems loading the Shang Hai Nanking map I missed uploading an ed_m02.tga :oops:

I am doing that tonight as I write this post. :lol: Big Grin

Please check again for that ed_m02.tga in the Shanghai Nanking folder. There should be nine items to download in every file.

A bit sleepy last night sorry. :oops:

Poltava I'll keep the other big map request as well.

Cheers Kirby

Lamphun

Shanghai-Nanking works now, no problems!

That Poland map looks just the right size and for the exact area requested. Good job!

I think the first project I would work on is the Caucasus map so if the Czech map is too much trouble you can hold off on that for right now. No need to hurry to have it done.

The Caucasus is a map that is sorely missing from IL2. The Germans made their deepest penetration into the Soviet Union here, near Grozny. They were stopped by hard fighting in the mountain passes and there was a lot of action between the air forces.
Moravia, Czech Republic did not see as much action but the largest battle on Czech soil was fought at Ostrava, Moravia with much action for the 1st Czechoslovak Fighter and Ground attack Air Regiments.

Link to my MEDIAFIRE downloads page: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb9c2dafe61348e7c82ed4b8f0c380e04e75f6e8ebb871">http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb ... f6e8ebb871</a><!-- m -->

This is odd I downloaded the Ceylon map which works with 4.09 but wont let me save or play missions on it.

What can I do?

1)

You have to follow Kevin P's Tutorial from

setting up the file structure for map making at the beginning of the tutorial and

2)

Upon a successful loading of the map in game towards the end of the tutorial.

Once you have placed an object anywhere on the map and saved the changes in IL21946>MAPS(a new folder you make)>
Ceylon then copy and paste your changes from the Ceylon folder to MODS>Mapmods>Maps>Ceylon.

These are very basic start up maps there are no objects on them what so ever.

After I have followed Kevin P's tutorial from a succussful loading of the map and following the above I can save a mission on every map no problems.

I hope this clerifies things.

Cheers Kirby

Oh Poo!Poo! :oops:

This morning I finally remembered that I used a load.ini from one of my projects.

I realized this about your 2d message after having a think.

I uploaded that load.ini first and yes it worked perfectly this end.

I'll upload a new load.ini tonight load.ini2 and then it should all be ok. Big Grin

Some times you do F up once in a while.

Look for a new load,ini tonight

Cheers Kirby.

ps once even with this new load,ini you wont be able to save missions until you folow Kevin P's instructions from upon a succussful loading.

pps the new load.ini should rectify this problem doing tonight.

Cheers Kirby

Lamphun

I am changing the Polish load.ini to a Kuban load.ini tonight.

The internet is slow tonight will try for an upload on Thursday.

The Polish map looks different to the others mainly brown but that can be changed easily by you.

Cheers Kirby

Lamphun

I have already started on two Borneo maps, see "Interest in NEI maps?" on page 10, viewtopic.php?t=2351. The East Borneo map covers both the area of the 1941-42 air battles and the 1945 fighting.
Unfortunately progress has been minimal- I just can't get the rivers correct. Also, I still have to find the time to get correct period info on vegetation etc etc- this will have to be obtained from the "Koninklijk Instituut voor de Tropen" or "Royal Tropical Institute". The info exists (also for airfield details etc), but it's a matter of finding the time to continue the projects.

Farang! That's cool. I know it's coming. You don't have to rush things. I'll be pefectly happy when it eventually is available! Big Grin

I don't like the texture from the Kuban load.ini.

I'm going to change it again to a NW Europe load.ini

At the momment even using the Kuban load.ini it looks more like Okinawa eeeh?

Make sure you have VP Medias Default Maps mod as I am using his load.ini.

Cheers Kirby

Poltiva,

I am finalizing your load.ini tonight . It looks a hell of a lot better now. Big Grin

Look forward to some week-end Polish Corridor map fun. :lol:
I'll upload for you on Friday night.

C.Texan,

I'll start your request on Saturday.

We have a holiday on Wednesday Thai Mother's Day so a couple of other maps uploaded then. :lol:

I'm also working on China Hong Kong 50 pixals scale

Cheers Kirby

Lamphun

Just thought I'd post and say thank you very much Kirby for the South_VietNam map. All I need now is to get to grips with Kevinp's texture tutorial and find some info on Vietnam.

[Image: South_VietNam1.jpg]

[Image: South_VietNam2.jpg]

[Image: South_VietNam3.jpg]

Loaded up with no problems at all.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. Big Grin

Don't worry too much about those textures you see on the map.

With all Asian/Pacific area maps I do use Kevin P's HB Pacific Island load.ini.

That is how the map came out when I completed it .

Once your familar with changing textures in the load.ini and making sure that they are in the right location in the _Tex folder then it is pretty easy to do.

If ithe map doesn't load it's usually a texture in the wrong folder.

When texturing I do one or two changes, place the textures in the correct folder in the _Tex folder Check then Check again.

Save as your new load.ini. Then check to see if the map loads.

You'll learn alot about the _Tex file.

You do have to really check everything especially using in game textures.

Am thinking of Cambodia and South Vietnam together in a week or so.

Cheers Kirby