NVIDIA 190.38 Drivers and XFX 9600GT 512MB problem

I just recently updated my drivers to version 190.38. While playing a coop game with a friend and being in the air for a while the video signal was lost to the monitor. The sound continued for about 30 seconds, stopped and then came back on for about 10 seconds then the computer rebooted. We tried this a second time and about the same time in the air it happened again.

To see if it was just IL2 1946 related I tried several other games.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare - played for an hour online with 32 players no problems
Call of Duty World at War - played for an hour online with 32 players no problems
AH 2 - online with 300 players on new version with updated graphics (this is the application requiring the latest drivers to play) no problems

Anyone else having issues with this new driver and the IL2 Sturmovik 1946 game using the unified mod installation?

-)-MAILMAN-

I have an 8800GT and had a severe stuttering problem with the new driver (I do not fly online). I reverted to the 186 nVidia driver.

I have the same card with the same drivers and I haven't got any problem :???:

No issues for me with the new driver.

Running BFG 9800GTX OCX 512mb with no issues at all.

-)-MAILMAN- Wrote:I just recently updated my drivers to version 190.38. While playing a coop game with a friend and being in the air for a while the video signal was lost to the monitor. The sound continued for about 30 seconds, stopped and then came back on for about 10 seconds then the computer rebooted. We tried this a second time and about the same time in the air it happened again.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare - played for an hour online with 32 players no problems
Call of Duty World at War - played for an hour online with 32 players no problems
AH 2 - online with 300 players on new version with updated graphics (this is the application requiring the latest drivers to play) no problems

Anyone else having issues with this new driver and the IL2 Sturmovik 1946 game using the unified mod installation?

O.k. Since you've not given any real information, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you're using Vista. Vista has a problem with OpenGL with this game. Since the OpenGL has not been updated by Oleg since about 2002-2003 or so, we are left trying to get working video drivers for a new operating system and get them to work on a game that is almost 10yrs old.

I'm currently using the 186 drivers with no problems with Windows Vista x64.
Hope this helps you out some.

Though I fly through the valley of death, I will fear no evil.....
For I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

[Image: JollySignature.jpg]

My old 6800 Ultra did the exact same thing and better cooling solved the issue. Then again, it could be a driver issue. I'm still using 181.20 WHQL with my 8800GT simply because drivers beyond this one seem to reduce my frame rates.

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:
-)-MAILMAN- Wrote:I just recently updated my drivers to version 190.38. While playing a coop game with a friend and being in the air for a while the video signal was lost to the monitor. The sound continued for about 30 seconds, stopped and then came back on for about 10 seconds then the computer rebooted. We tried this a second time and about the same time in the air it happened again.

O.k. Since you've not given any real information, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you're using Vista.

Nope.

Windows XP Pro 32Bit
XFX NVIDIA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro
2GB Corsair Dual Channel Ram

Everything was fine using the 182 drivers. Aces High 2 which I play in addition to this game updated its version with new terrain textures and required the latest video card drivers to run all the new eye candy. The newest drivers were the 190.38 which I installed. Yes I used Driver Cleaner 3 Pro and followed the instructions to the letter. After the install I had issues playing the game as I described above. Since the problems started I have installed the latest creative drivers for my sound card, reinstalled Direct X and just changed to the 186 drivers to see if this changes anything. Keeping fingers crossed. I run riva tuner and my fan automatically changes speeds based on temperature range settings. Rig is in my basement where temperature tops out around 70 give or take on the hottest of days. The card temperature never exceeds mid 40's C and by then my fan is running at 100%.

So the only thing that changed just before the issue started was changing from the 182 drivers to the 190.38 drivers.

-)-MAILMAN-

Then revert to the 182 series driver. This is why I don't bother with new drivers. The new ones may run the new cards well, but don't always run the older cards well. I went through this with my 6800 Ultra, 7950GT, and now my 8800GT.

Maybe I'll hold off on the 190's a little while.... :?

Mailman,

I have an EVGA 9600GT - Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz - Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

I am experiencing the same problems that you describe - black screen (no monitor signal) - sound continues and if I leave it for 10 mins the drivers recover.

This only seems to happen playing online - I can never reproduce it offline and I have narrowed it down to one particular map that we play on our server. Game crashed out 3 times in 10 mins on this particular map and when the Admin changed map - no problems at all.

I have set up a multiplayer game on my machine using the problem map and sure enough - 2 mins in, crash - black screen etc, etc.

At the moment I'm using 186.18 drivers, but have tried newer one and the problem persists.

Wonder if it could possibly be something in the map that's causing the drivers to crap out ????