Request for Map Developers

Hello,

I'm putting the idea out there for the map developers to include a blank map (free from objects less airfields) when uploading.

Like skinning of aircraft; having a skin with full insignia's and another with just numbering and then having a blank skin caters to all (the blanks are good for modders to add a particular number or marking to the aircraft).

Similar I love to make very detailed target areas for the IL2 online dog fighting community, the details start at the spawning airfields right through to the each and every target, however; on almost all maps there are buildings, camouflage nets, etc just placed here and there at the airfields, for me it's tainted and detracts from what I'm try to achieve.

May I request to the map developers when building airfields please leave them blank (with buildings, fuel tanks, camouflage nets etc) or include a blank copy for people like me to include objects

Trust me when I say I'm not trying to cause trouble or I don't appreciate what the map developer provide......I'm totally flawed by each and every map and I understand the long hours when modding (for some of you may know me from the SHIII community as a modder of that game).

Sorry for writing so much but I need to make this sound like a I wasn't demanding etc etc.

PS: I tried fiddling with the static file in some map but I only ended up doing more harm than good hence my pathetic knowledge base in map developing (lol).

Kind regards

Venatore.

Confusedhock:

If you want maps without objects you will have made my day - placing objects is the biggest and most boring chore of all when making maps ... there is seemingly no end to it.

Hi,

I think this is a very good idea. As a map builder I actually do feel I'm getting in the way of mission builders if I "hardwire" objects into a map. Ideally, "blank" maps should only contain objects that cannot be placed by mission builders (such as runways, taxiways, spawn points, etc.). However, large maps might get pretty boring if no objects are "hardwired" into the surrounding landscape (farms, villages, cities and so on).

Creating (and distributing) "blank" maps wouldn't be much of a hassle, it only takes a different load.ini file that refers to a "blank" actors.static file.

I know that Agracier is a wiz and a genius with texturing but I have already started this idea

At the moment I have 4 basic maps for people to download.

I'm considering around 10 to 15 maps or special requests.

The maps just have 2 rgb values of 7 and 31.

They all have been made as per Kevin P's tutorials.
You'd have to follow his instructions from a successful loading in the game section towards the end of the tutorial.

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...hp?t=18712

The links for download are on page two of the thread.

This section will be updated gradually with new maps being made available. They do take some time to upload.

It's up to you as they say here in Thailand what you do with them South Viet Nam is available for download.

Cheers Kirby

Lamphun

I take it you mean a map just without objects around airfields? or with the whole map, villages, cities, etc empty? The latter for a map maker would be easy to provide - the former a bit more work but not too much. I'd be willing to provide these alternate blank actors.static for my maps if you like. -viking

viking4570 Wrote:I take it you mean a map just without objects around airfields? or with the whole map, villages, cities, etc empty? The latter for a map maker would be easy to provide - the former a bit more work but not too much. I'd be willing to provide these alternate blank actors.static for my maps if you like. -viking

Agree with you viking4570.

One thing to consider though is that in order not to "mess up" online play, you should make them with separate load.ini files. This way you would avoid some players using a populated map and others the blank one (populated in the mission file and not the actors.static) in the same mission.

Thank for your feedback! and just to clarify; I'm only talking about the objects around airfields. inputting the actual airfields, spawn points is a must have. Once again good constructive comments by all.

Kind Regards

Ven.