[Download] F-84G Default Skin Replacement V3

Skins to replace original default skin on F-84G. One unmarked and one marked for the normal F84G and the US F-84G.

Template by F22-Raptor-2006

Internals by =[US]=Grant, GJE52, F22-Raptor-2006

Lines and Rivets by Boosher

P3 Pilot Helmet by Stu

***Version 2***
  • Updated things here and there including Internals
  • Fixed bug where you cannot see skin from far away as it uses 4 different files for different distances, so now download size is a bit bigger (same filename) as there are 6 more files in there than there were last time

***Version 3***
  • Updated both US and non-US plane to have holes in airbrake, both when retracted and deployed. (This will make all of your custom skins have holes in the airbrake automatically (acutal holes not painted ones), picture showing the holes is below.
  • New Link fix as old link has been down for several weeks.

Please note: Pictures below are representitive of Version 1 only! Internals have changed for Version 2.

Baremetal + Weathering + Panel shading + Control Surfaces Shading
[Image: 0508200914-38-35.jpg]

Intake inside detail
[Image: 0508200914-39-30.jpg]

Baremetal + Weathering + Panel shading + Control Surfaces Shading
[Image: 0508200914-48-59.jpg]

Detailed Cockpit Panel + other internals
[Image: 0508200914-49-51.jpg]

Detailed Internals
[Image: 0508200914-54-40.jpg]

Actual Holes in airbrake (new in version 3, please note other pictures above do not have holes as they are version 1 skins. Also this will not make your airbrake work, it is only shown in deployed mode here so that you can see the holes better Wink)
[Image: airbrakeholes.jpg]

Download Here

***INSTRUCTIONS***

Copy/Cut the folder "F84G ThunderJet" and paste into "MODS" folder. When asked select "replace files".

If you are having problems installing or if there are bugs please post in this thread. Thanks

Nice one m8 Big Grin

beautiful, thanks!

Great Work . . .

and much apreciated!

greetings karstele

thx man

beautiful work

All I can get it the original skin and I can't even get add on skin's to work. Something is fishy with the Air.ini file and I don't know what.

F84G1_ThunderJet air.F84G1 1 NOINFO usa01 SUMMER

Any ideas?

lordish2001 Wrote:All I can get it the original skin and I can't even get add on skin's to work. Something is fishy with the Air.ini file and I don't know what.

Any ideas?

Did you happen to make the F84G1_ThunderJet folder in the Paintschemes folders for the plane and name it exactly as shown here?

F84G1_ThunderJet

US_GRANT Wrote:Did you happen to make the F84G1_ThunderJet folder in the Paintschemes folders for the plane and name it exactly as shown here?

F84G1_ThunderJet

I changed the name of every folder for the F-84 to that. I made sure everything was in the plane folder of 3d0. I think I need to see the exact folder structure and the name of every folder in the tree.

Maybe I have to change the plane_ru file?

lordish

lordish2001 Wrote:
US_GRANT Wrote:Did you happen to make the F84G1_ThunderJet folder in the Paintschemes folders for the plane and name it exactly as shown here?

F84G1_ThunderJet

I changed the name of every folder for the F-84 to that. I made sure everything was in the plane folder of 3d0. I think I need to see the exact folder structure and the name of every folder in the tree.

Maybe I have to change the plane_ru file?

lordish

the plane_ru and weapons_ru files are basically files to make the names of weapons and planes "look good and professional" apart from that it doesn't really do anything. It like for example lets you have commas and spaces in the name of aircraft on the plane list etc...

Custom skins should be in this folder: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes\Skins\F84G1_ThunderJet
(please note your il2 may be in a different location to mine)

The F84 Mod should be like this: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\F84G ThunderJet\3DO\Plane\F84G\summer
(there are other folder routes inside it which you can go down this is just one of them which takes you to where the default skin of the F84 is put)

Air.ini should say the following:

the plane_ru and weapons_ru files are basically files to make the names of weapons and planes "look good and professional" apart from that it doesn't really do anything. It like for example lets you have commas and spaces in the name of aircraft on the plane list etc...

Custom skins should be in this folder: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes\Skins\F84G1_ThunderJet
(please note your il2 may be in a different location to mine)

The F84 Mod should be like this: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\F84G ThunderJet\3DO\Plane\F84G\summer
(there are other folder routes inside it which you can go down this is just one of them which takes you to where the default skin of the F84 is put)

Air.ini should say the following:

F84G1_ThunderJet air.F84G1 1 NOINFO usa01 SUMMER[/quote]

Thanks. I'll check everything again. (sigh)

Thank you for these!Any skins for this plane are much appreciated Big Grin

Timmy1963 Wrote:Thank you for these!Any skins for this plane are much appreciated Big Grin

There are several skins that I've done somewhere in this forum. The link on them needs to be updated on some so just put a post at the bottom of the thread if the link is broken and i haven't fixed it.