[WIP] Subtle, randomised muzzle flash-V2 (reduced to 297KB)

I've been using my own muzzleflash for a while and thought i'd share it. It's a modified version of someone elses mod. I apologise I cannot remember whose. I didn't like the bright, oversized or orangey effects so developed this toned down one, which I find more realistic. The flash is also seemed to be more randomised. It looks much better in game than in the pics below.

20.08.09 - As requested new Light/low fat version now 297KB instead of 72MB to reduce frame rate problems. Slightly modified gunsmoke. Enjoy. Big Grin

[Image: 1308200922-15-43.jpg]

[Image: 1308200922-41-04.jpg]

[Image: 1308200923-09-03.jpg]

[Image: 1308200923-11-52.jpg]

New Link - 10 July 2012:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21969287 ... owfatV2.7z

Thanks a bunch, they look great! Big Grin

That.... that looks real Big Grin Big Grin
Thank you!

Thanks for sharing!

Does it also prevent the internal flash, i.e. the sharp lightening inside the cockpit when firing?

Thank you. Very nice !

vtrelut Wrote:Thanks for sharing!

Does it also prevent the internal flash, i.e. the sharp lightening inside the cockpit when firing?

Unfortunatley not Sad I hate them too, I've noticed a few planes do not have those flashes though. The file/code whatever for that must be hidden deeper in the games structure.

This is the best muzzleflash i ever saw but unfortunately there is a strange bug. When ground units or ships fire their light guns my screen freezes, i get incredibly low FPS. It happened 1 time with aircraft. What's more strange is that the FPS goes back to normal (like letting the PC get used to the effects) after some secs but crucial secs in battle. There's no way i can be successful in strafing attacks with this muzzleflash. Sorry Sad i really like this effect...

BF-109 F4 Wrote:This is the best muzzleflash i ever saw but unfortunately there is a strange bug. When ground units or ships fire their light guns my screen freezes, i get incredibly low FPS. It happened 1 time with aircraft. What's more strange is that the FPS goes back to normal (like letting the PC get used to the effects) after some secs but crucial secs in battle. There's no way i can be successful in strafing attacks with this muzzleflash. Sorry Sad i really like this effect...

this is happening because one texture has 4 mb. dadders can you please do "LITE Version" of your mod with smaller textures? Smile

I'll look into a 'light version' I want to redo the smoke a bit at the same time, but please be patient as I have a lot of life stuff going on ATM thanks. Big Grin

Didn't take that long LOL. Hope it works better now with regards to those having FPS probs. Big Grin

thank you! I am going to try it. Smile

thank you m8 works perfectly now Big Grin

Thank you very mush, i like your mod classe, top 5! Tongue

dadders thanks for this mod have been using your v1 for awhile even though the me 262 froze for a second just couldnt change back to the old effects i like yours that much better good stuff

Big Grin

hello
very good your mod
so thought the gas could be shooting a little more spewing forth
as shown in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MluFgIFD ... re=related in until 7:16 and 7:34 was the shot of 20mm in each of the 6 pieces shows the shooting .50 Mustang in flight