Navigation Aid for current map postion.

Is there any way to have your current location coordinates display on the HUD view? Something like a GPS location or even the current map coordinates? It would be useful in games where the map is used only for reference without any icons on it. CFS used to have such a display.

I dont know what the diff. is in your question. GPS and map icons will tell you where u are exactly.

I would like to be able to see my map location coordinates in HUD view without having to have the map up. Is there a way to do that? It would also help in games where there is no map available. Thanks.

Stryker54 Wrote:I would like to be able to see my map location coordinates in HUD view without having to have the map up. Is there a way to do that? It would also help in games where there is no map available. Thanks.

Hello Stryker.

Wrong place.
You'd better go and fly F-16 or F-18 or all that sh..!. :evil:

Here we are flying from the thirties till the fifties...no further I'm afraid.
Don't think that Sailor Malan, Marseilles or any other WWII pilot use anything else than a map ,a watch and a heading!

Madcop :lol:

They also didn't have a nifty computer to help them. :wink:

and if we could, displaying co-ordinates when the map icons are disabled would be the same as cheating

Stryker54 Wrote:They also didn't have a nifty computer to help them. :wink:

My PC doesn't help me ...he's killing me.!
Less sport, too much time facing this bl....y screen fighting not to smoke a whole packet of Camel while this PC is trying to make me think I'm fighting for my life!.
I'm taking too much G's and that's nooooooo goooooooooooood ! :lol:

Madcop

So does anyone know if there is a mod for map coordinates?

Stryker54 Wrote:They also didn't have a nifty computer to help them. :wink:

Sure they did. It's called an E6B Flight Computer or Wizwheel. Helps you compute time/distance/direction/alt computations in mere seconds.

Though I fly through the valley of death, I will fear no evil.....
For I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

[Image: JollySignature.jpg]