[MOD] *NEW* Slot A/C & Wpn (Fw-190F-8 & G-8) (8.0)

Thanks, Danziger. It may very well be a running order problem...will try installing again. VMT for advice..and for the work you have put in.

oldschoolie Wrote:Much as I like the idea of these DZZ Mods, I find that despite careful manual installs to the 3 relevant files, and use of Aircraft Installer 3.8 I get the dreaded 60% crash. The game only returns to normal when I reinstall not only my pre-installation STD folder but also the "files" folder as well. Is this me or has anyone else had the problem. Incidentally I learned the hard way to back up both STD and files before any attempt at a further mod, and can't recommend the practice highly enough! It took me 2 days to rebuild the game from a 5 month old backup on one previous and sad occasion...

Thank you!
This is gonna require a whole lot of mission building sessions. Smile

Hi, thks for this mod. I really love it.It is my fav now. However, I am having a problem. I don;t get sound in the cockpit meaning engine dound and the bullets sounds from the guns. the rockets make a sound though. I used Pb rockets. is therea fix to get cokcpit engine sound? I use mod enabler to install mods. is anyone else having sound probs? thx.

Sorry to say that even after following Danzigzag's advice I still get the 60% crash. Are these mods incompatible with any others, such as the Magister, Sea Fury, Swordfish etc which I have running happily?

oldschoolie Wrote:Sorry to say that even after following Danzigzag's advice I still get the 60% crash. Are these mods incompatible with any others, such as the Magister, Sea Fury, Swordfish etc which I have running happily?

oldschoolie... let's try something else, could you count how many lines of text are present on both your air.ini, as well as plane_ru.properties?

best thing is to open each file in NOtepad, then make sure that in Format menu you disable Word Wrap, now go to the view map and select Status Bar... now the number of the lines will display... see if each file has the same number of lines.

After that, open each side by side and see if the plane items match for all planes. I have several mods installed, prolbably most of the plane mods from here installed, including several betas as well, and I don't have any of those issues... not sure why...

BTW, I have Magister and Swordfish installed, but not Sea Fury, which does not have it's own slot, at least the last time I checked... I only install MODs which have their own slots... I don't like substituting existing slots (modifying the original slots)... not sure why that would cause a problem, but I guess it could depending on what you are replacing...

My MODs use mostly existing parts and the work of the ORIGINAL models, much in the same way that IL-2 originally did it... with some of their models. If you replaced any of the existing original models with "new" parts... then there could be the conflict... This may happen if you use mods that do not have their own slots... you run the risk of things simply not working right... it is a great way to test new models, but you run the risk of having something else not work... To avoid that, my MODS all come with their own slots.

To better explain what I am talking about... lets take this example...

- I create a new slot of the Fw-190D-9. I create the new files needed to use the existing "infrastructure", or existing meshes and from the original model, as well as FM... This way I can make modifications to the Fw-190D-9, without changing the original "stock" D-9 that came with IL-2 1946, a big part of the policies here...

- Now say a MOD with no new slot uses the original Fw-190D-9 files, and changes and substitutes them... now a mod with its own slot which may use some of the original files will either not find them, or use the unintended files, in each case, either crashing, or not producing the intended results...

in can happen to the best of us...

dsawan Wrote:Hi, thks for this mod. I really love it.It is my fav now. However, I am having a problem. I don;t get sound in the cockpit meaning engine dound and the bullets sounds from the guns. the rockets make a sound though. I used Pb rockets. is therea fix to get cokcpit engine sound? I use mod enabler to install mods. is anyone else having sound probs? thx.

When you fly the original F-8, do you hear the guns well? When you fly the A-8 or other A series with teh 21 inch mortars, do you hear them? (or is it only in my mod?) The only reason I ask is that I had a similar problem, but noticed that there was the same issue whether my mod was there or not... I am trying to remember what I did to fix it...

Would it be possible to get some FW190-A8/9 Loadouts without that center bomb holder that slows down the FM? Like you can fly the FW190-A6 without bomb holder for interceptor only.

ZF_Ryoken Wrote:Would it be possible to get some FW190-A8/9 Loadouts without that center bomb holder that slows down the FM? Like you can fly the FW190-A6 without bomb holder for interceptor only.

I'll take a look... not sure if A8/A9 have the mid holder as a part of the model like the F-8... it'll be some time till i get to some of these requests... reall life issues are taking all my time.

wow really nice mod

sooo much loadouts Big Grin

great work

danzigzag Wrote:
ZF_Ryoken Wrote:Would it be possible to get some FW190-A8/9 Loadouts without that center bomb holder that slows down the FM? Like you can fly the FW190-A6 without bomb holder for interceptor only.

I'll take a look... not sure if A8/A9 have the mid holder as a part of the model like the F-8... it'll be some time till i get to some of these requests... reall life issues are taking all my time.

Don't worry. The ETC rack was a standard fit to all A-8/9. IF there ever was a A-8/9 without it, it would have been a very rare field mod.

Thanks for this mudmover danzigzag, I've just had loads of fun with it! One question tho - the aiming point for the 21cm raketen is very low, somewhere near the lower visible border of the gunsight. Is this correct? I can imagine in RL they pointed them down a little bit, so a pilot only needed to fly over a tank and fire, but it's a lot harder to hit this way.

Wow.. thanks.. Won't have to fly the Corsair for a wicked loadout now!

TinyTim,

I am planning to review some details on this mod... I'll take a look. If you are using the 2xRocket mortars, they are aimed high (bomber destroyer), but for the heavy load, they should be aimed straight out just like the r4ms and pb2s

Spinnetti Wrote:Wow.. thanks.. Won't have to fly the Corsair for a wicked loadout now!

Thats SOOO true! Big Grin

Big Grin