problem with UI

the Unified Installer wreaks havoc on my computer. during gameplay, it will always, and i mean ALWAYS, crash and cause the Intel graphics driver to cease functioning properly. it only worked properly ONCE... two flights (Ju-52 and H8K1) before crashing and turning the computer off. after turning it back on, i switched to 4.08m with no 6dof, and from then on, it keeps doing that. i've had to use the back-up TWICE because of problems with the Unified Installer. i'm not re-loading it again until i get a solution to whats wrong.

Cheers

Bf109boy

In order for somone to be able to help , it would be a good idear to post some of your pc spec's, ect........as both the UI and il2 itself are quite large and demanding programs............

BF109boy Wrote:... the Intel graphics driver...
Isn't that integrated graphics? That may be your problem.

8FS_Bulau Wrote:
BF109boy Wrote:... the Intel graphics driver...
Isn't that integrated graphics? That may be your problem.

Having a integrated graphics card is your worst nightmare, I had it before...

HH_Cipher Wrote:Having a integrated graphics card is your worst nightmare, I had it before...
I heard there was a cure, though...

i have another thread explaining a problem with my pc

viewtopic.php?t=19000

BF109boy Wrote:i have another thread explaining a problem with my pc
viewtopic.php?t=19000
So, it's a laptop....and it has integrated graphics...not exactly a gamer machine.
It's no wonder you are having trouble running IL-2 on it. As hero pointed out above, the sim is very demanding.
Any other specs you can give us?

You can get the sim to run on almost anything, but it boils down to what you are willing to give up. I have got IL-2 to run on friends' computers, with integrated graphics and Sempron/Celeron cpus, but it's with 16-bit color, 1024x768 res, no AA or AF, medium settings...and by "run", I mean frame rates in high teens to low twenties.

well i was thinking of getting IL-2 1946 again for use on my desktop pc at my mums house. however my stepfather took it away. that computer is much better bacause it runs Rigs of Rods, Crashday and Siulent Hunter 3 (SH3 until recently) perfectly