(WIP?) Icon remover for NTRK playback

Someone sent me a PM requesting this. When enabled, it should remove the icons/tags from aircraft in .ntrk files. I only had a couple of online tracks to test this with, but it worked for them. Let me know if there are any problems.

It will probably also kill your icons in-game, so be sure to disable it if you want them back on.

It's a WIP, only because I don't know that it works for all tracks :wink: .

"Why would anyone want this?" you ask? To make movies and screenshots of online play without banners overtop of enemy and friendly aircraft, I respond.

Instructions:

Unzip to your IL2 directory. Make sure that you have a directory named "0NTRKIconRemove" in your Mods directory.

To disable and restore your normal in-game icons:

Delete "0NTRKIconRemove" directory within your MODS directory, or change the name of "0NTRKIconRemove" directory to "-0NTRKIconRemove".

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yicmidzj5 ... emover.rar

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W4AO8IEC

wow... i am testing it now!! wow thank you! i waited so long for such a programmer like you Smile

well done mate!!

If it works (cross-fingers), it's the holy grail for Movie makers with online footage that just can't be used with those icons floating around. BTW, this has been asked for for over 5-years now, so you will have priovided a great service if it does work.

Cheers, MP.

yeah man, it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it also disables the bar for the heading! great! !!!!

Mysticpuma Wrote:If it works (cross-fingers), it's the holy grail for Movie makers with online footage that just can't be used with those icons floating around. BTW, this has been asked for for over 5-years now, so you will have priovided a great service if it does work.

Cheers, MP.

Well, if it doesn't work with some particular combination of icon settings, I can probably make it work.

Let me know either way, so I can either take it out of Work-In-Progress or fix it!

Very promising! Film makers will surely appreciate it.

Thanks. Will test it as soon as I can.

Talking about ntrks...

Is there a way to reposition a camera (move it) AFTER the ntrk is recorded?

Let's say one is making a movie with a scene of a high level drop. To reposition a camera at the target AFTER watching the .ntrk would enable great angles... bombs hitting with nice framing and so... well you get the idea. By planning a cam close to the target one may get some useful shots, but to reposition it after watching the ntrk would enable great shots.

Is that possible or maybe even done already?

t

tityus Wrote:Talking about ntrks...

Let's say one is making a movie with a scene of a high level drop. To reposition a camera at the target AFTER watching the .ntrk would enable great angles... bombs hitting with nice framing and so... well you get the idea. By planning a cam close to the target one may get some useful shots, but to reposition it after watching the ntrk would enable great shots.

I assume you know of the external views? [F2 for self, SHIFT+F2 for Friendlies, CTRL+F2 for Enemies (Default Settings)] For Targets you get the camera view by the Enemy view functions (CTRL+F2). Once with a view of a airplane ot static camera you can pan/rotate around with the mouse. If you press the left mouse button and move the mouse you can move the camera closer and farther away from the subject.

Then there is the field of view (FoV) that functions just like a camera lens, in that a wide view make background objects seem far away and a zoomed view makes the same background objects seem much closer.

Is it possible make a mod that removes an online ping-index in top-right corner from NTRKs?

Howevr, many thanks to you, Certificate.

Thanks for the interest Wailwulf. I should have better written my question.

I'll revise it to see if anyone have an answer:

(Instead of simply rotating or zooming a camera positioned at mission creation or the regular ones attached to the planes...)

Let's say one is making a movie with a scene of a high level drop. To reposition a camera at the target AFTER watching the .ntrk would enable great angles... bombs hitting with nice framing and so... well you get the idea. By planning a cam close to the target, at mission creation, one may get some useful shots, but to alter its position after recording the ntrk would enable great shots.

t

certificate, you've made a little revolution with your mod, I think.
tnx a lot..

Ah! I was asking for this when this community was established! as would have been awesome for my defunct guncam footage site.

Maybe I'll revisit my ntrk collection with this great little mod.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin For the first time, I can fly combat with icons. That should make it a little easier with a few less 'Blue on Blue'; I was starting to feel like a Yank! LOL :wink:

Great work! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Revolutionary mod for movie creators. One little mod - giant meaning. Thx

Awsome! Thanks, been asking for this off and on for years.

There used to be a way for trk's but not the ntrk's.

Now if we could fly the camera ship in ntrk's to get shots we want.

What a great little idea- thanks for sharing!