Thread Closed

Tiger 33's Ultimate Sound Mod V2

fantastic work. we are all eagerly awaiting this download. i have about 25 guys in my clan chomping at the bit for the release of this mod. thanks in advance.

Well Done i must say. One question m8. What about Japaneese planes? Are You going to make those too?
Its very importand for me and my squadmates.

And what about plane sound from a distance. With stock sound its possible to hear enemyengine from 5 km. Is it possible with your mod?

*200th_Nakano Wrote:Well Done i must say. One question m8. What about Japaneese planes? Are You going to make those too?
Its very importand for me and my squadmates.

And what about plane sound from a distance. With stock sound its possible to hear enemyengine from 5 km. Is it possible with your mod?

Yes same "treatment" for japanese planes and all engine sound it's a complete sound mod.

Problem with 'sound distance " is resolved and any aircraft or weapons or anything else from other aircraft is not heard from the cockpit ..

Those Merlins sound like your on the flight line at Duxford, brilliant work

Rest are spot on as well mate, loverly

This is absolutely great, everyone working very hard on these sound mods really really enhances the game, IF the sounds in SOW are not up to this level then shame on Oleg and hopefully you guys will come to the rescue on that as well.

2 things I hear that could be improved (please, I am not complaining, I cannot do sounds at all), first is the whistle seems a little off on the P51, maybe a little too pronounced in some flybys, second is the internal sounds should be a lot louder (we all have volume controls to turn down what we don't like) but I have video of a B24 flight and you almost have to yell to hear over the engines. These planes where like tin cans resonating sound, no real noise drop with the canopy open or closed (not much) I have sound of a bf109 in the cockpit, and it is loud as well.

Take these for what it is worth, just my 2 cents.

Thanks again for all the hard work!!

Greg

This is fantastic! That F9 Panther flyby almost made me wet my pants. It sounded so real. Can't wait for this baby to be released. Excellent work.

Quote:but I have video of a B24 flight and you almost have to yell to hear over the engines. These planes where like tin cans resonating sound, no real noise drop with the canopy open or closed (not much) I have sound of a bf109 in the cockpit, and it is loud as well.

In this mod, the internal sounds are trying to simulate the volume you would have with a headset on your ears, not the volume you would have with a sound recorder inside the cockpit.

Quote: Quote:
but I have video of a B24 flight and you almost have to yell to hear over the engines. These planes where like tin cans resonating sound, no real noise drop with the canopy open or closed (not much) I have sound of a bf109 in the cockpit, and it is loud as well.

In this mod, the internal sounds are trying to simulate the volume you would have with a headset on your ears, not the volume you would have with a sound recorder inside the cockpit.

this makes sense, I stand corrected.

Greg

Please release it... I was on a airshow last weekend in my City, there was a P-38 from Flying Bulls / Austria. Unfortunately this Plane wasn't flight under full throttle...

Can't wait for it to be release!

Doc, please give me a dose will ya? :twisted:

AWESOME TIGER.33....

From what ive bin reading over at C.6 , this mod will only be useable with there game version ?
Im also very interested ( I may have missread this part ) that the flyby sounds are embeded in the java code ?

Cheers
Jafa.

what's C.6 ?

hero Wrote:AWESOME TIGER.33....

From what ive bin reading over at C.6 , this mod will only be useable with there game version ?
Im also very interested ( I may have missread this part ) that the flyby sounds are embeded in the java code ?

Cheers
Jafa.

... I am afraid you are right hero, that is if you want to be able to use the fly-by effect (F3 key), otherwise you risk a CTD ...

Well there's still hope however, since some smart people say it will be possible to get the mod as a stand alone , complete with the fly-by, provided you tweak a little bit the java class folder of the new slot ACs ... so wait and see ...

In fact, this mod is geared towards one goal: realism.

Great sound samples are part of it, but to get realism there are many more improvements , such as

-windspeed increases much with speed

-when canopy is open, there is a real true strong airflow sound

-some new animations (bombbay door, spitfire door) now have sound

-hook, wings folding now have sound

-many engine start sequences now have realistic sound

And, the most essential to me:

-no distant sound when inside the cockpit ("sonar" effect is gone). This is, in my experience (i didn't try all the sound mods available, but some) the first time one sitting in the cockpit can hear ONLY what he wound hear in a real cockpit. Now you REALLY have to check your six, no audio cue until it's much much too late and you hear metal ripping from your plane.

This last ESSENTIAL improvement has an important drawback due to il2 sound engine limitation, ie you don't hear any distant sound in external view as well, so F2 zoomed out has no sound, F3 has no sound, no distant sounds for the cameraman sitting on the ground, and so on....

Tiger, as many of us aviation fans, is found of the F3 view, and has found a workaround (and what a nice sounding workaround !) so you can hear these beautiful flyby sounds when using Ultimate V2. This was done by reworking java classes of every new slot plane in the C6 pack. These include AAA UI 1.1 aircraft, plus some.

Some people will prefer to use ultimateV2 over their own install, without the C6 pack and without every new slot plane included in the C6 pack.

They will most probably be able to do it, with only one drawback (more or less important for different people), ie either no press F3 view, or CTD. All other improvements should be there. This has not been tested yet since V2 was designed to work with C6 pack, not universally (due to java classes and buttons file limitations).

Another drawback is that from the V2 installation, the C6 buttons file will have to be used. It is constantly updated for new slot planes, but there might be some slight delay after an important realease such as AAA UI1.2 comes out.

I hope AAA will accept the C6 buttons file posting on their forum, to simplify the thing for AAA UI users, but i'm not the guy to discuss it officially; so just take it from a user/betatester POV.

I must add that the guy who advertised Tiger's work on this thread didn't know the limitations at the time, please don't be too disappointed or angry, i'm certain there will be a way for everybody to enjoy this fantastic mod in the future. Big Grin

..."I must add that the guy who advertised Tiger's work on this thread didn't know the limitations at the time, please don't be too disappointed or angry, i'm certain there will be a way for everybody to enjoy this fantastic mod in the future. "

... I am the "guy" Roll&Loop, thanx for explaining all the details and limitations :oops: , it is true I didn't know when I posted .....
Thread Closed