basic smoke mod

This actually replaces the white clouds with blackish, brown clouds to simulate battlefield smoke. I'M sure this has been done before.

I've used a 25% opacity on the existing 4x4cloud tga, and replaced the coloring with dark bown, black, and dark grey.

You can either download my version or try making your own.

Mine is very basic and uses a very small texture to not eat up too many frames on my computer. I have best results with heavy amounts of clouds with the cloud detail all the way up.

Download here:

http://www.filefront.com/14620511/Smoky%20Clouds.zip

pics:

[Image: smoke1.jpg]

[Image: smoke2.jpg]

[Image: smoke3.jpg]

like i said, its a very basic effect and what you get from it might depend on the map but i thought it was better for higher terrain with lower cloud settings that way the smoke is hovering just off the ground.

Bill

I'm gonna give it a go now, cheers. Funnily enough, I had a graphics glitch the other day when I shot at something and the clouds in the distance turned black! Now the question is, will it make early morning mist blackish... that could be cool for a battlefield effect.

Good Idea for low level clouds. There is a mod allowing lower and higher cloud heights so this is an interesting concept. Ugly for clouds above 3000m Smile .. But good idea! 8)

It would be nice if we had large, positionable clouds in FMB. We could simulate large battlefield smoke or industrial haze.

amharic Wrote:Good Idea for low level clouds. There is a mod allowing lower and higher cloud heights so this is an interesting concept. Ugly for clouds above 3000m Smile .. But good idea! 8)

can you please point me to this mod, i did a search but it only revealed a beta for lower clouds.

thanks

Bill

Thats what you need

well that mod doesn't seem to work. The options to lower the clouds are there, but its not recognizing my changes in the mission.
for example, the cloud height is set to 100m, but they still appear at 500m.

I'm not sure what the compatibility issues are, cause the post that featured this mod also had a few people who couldn't get it to work either.
So, it might be a WIP.

My other option is to just raise the relief height of the map.

I would really like to find the map files for the Italy online map, which i can't seem to locate or extract from my modded version(s).

Bill