TIB: 29.11 ANDALUCIA BETA AVAILABLE!!

You can now download early beta version of TIB:Andalucia map:

viewtopic.php?t=20809&start=15

Great stuff!!!! All SCW enthusiasts will be thrilled with your forthcoming masterpiece! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Yes !!! Superb Job m8, I wish you and your team good luck to finish this beauty (could we expect a release in ..... two more weeks :mrgreen: ?)

Tomcat_Zombie Wrote:Yes !!! Superb Job m8, I wish you and your team good luck to finish this beauty (could we expect a release in ..... two more weeks :mrgreen: ?)
And two more... Be sure. Actually map is progressing real fast. But we will make it as good as we can. And it is quite big even we decited to cut irrelevat areas away.

Just to show how populating the map is going - here are a few screenshots of the eastern part - Granada and area down to the coast. These are the random buildings ... to see how they show up in the landscape.

003 and 004 are of the city of Guadix - half Moorish even now. Which is why in this part of the map, we've also made use of the Egypt Objects mod. They are quite appropriate to the area. There are as yet, no city or village textures added to the terrain.

[Image: AndaluciaFMB-001.jpg]

[Image: AndaluciaPop-001.jpg]

[Image: AndaluciaPop-002.jpg]

[Image: AndaluciaPop-003.jpg]

[Image: AndaluciaPop-004.jpg]

[Image: AndaluciaPop-005.jpg]

[Image: AndaluciaPop-006.jpg]

[Image: AndaluciaPop-007.jpg]

[Image: AndaluciaPop-008.jpg]

[Image: AndaluciaPop-009.jpg]

kapteeni Wrote:And two more... Be sure. Actually map is progressing real fast. But we will make it as good as we can. And it is quite big even we decited to cut irrelevat areas away.

I can imagine the load of work it represent m8, I know the effort required to create a map. I tried myself to create something acceptable (it was the better I was able to do :mrgreen: ) with the area of Cordoba/Gibraltar ...

[Image: map_h.jpg]

[Image: map_c.jpg]

[Image: map_T.jpg]

[Image: Torregadiarro.jpg]

Then I realized it's truely a long way before achieving something well done, and that's why I abandonned my project.
So take your time guys, even if two more weeks seem to me an eternity :wink:

Agracier, have you been cloned ?!! You're working on so many project, it's amazing Confusedhock:

Then I realized it's truely a long way before achieving something well done, and that's why I abandonned my project.
So take your time guys, even if two more weeks seem to me an eternity Wink

Agracier, have you been cloned ?!! You're working on so many project, it's amazing Shocked

Cloning is for a future generation ... ha ha. But I do have enough time on my hands. Besides, making a basic map is not that difficult, it's the small details and the populating that takes time. But in the meantime I've learned a lot from kapteeni and many other members here, ways to do things faster and simpler ... and it seems that if you have only one map to work on, when you hit a snag or are a bit bored with that one, it's far better to switch over to something else, another map and work on that on for a while. Clears the mind and banishes tedium.

And last, I think I have not flown but 2 or 3 missions for my own fun in the last 4 months or so. That leaves a lot of time over for map-making ... ha ha

I tried myself to create something acceptable (it was the better I was able to do Mr. Green ) with the area of Cordoba/Gibraltar ...

That is a truly impressive looking map by the way. Very nicely detailed in the way of rivers and lakes and terrain. I wouldn't give up on it, but perhaps instead first try making a map of a far far smaller area - for instance of the Jarama Valley battle area or Brunete if you wish to keep with the SCW.

Smaller maps are easier to populate and take far less time to complete.

Big Grin

Great job, Gentlemen!

I'm really looking forward for Maps related to the "Guerra Civil Espa

agracier Wrote:That is a truly impressive looking map by the way. Very nicely detailed in the way of rivers and lakes and terrain. I wouldn't give up on it, but perhaps instead first try making a map of a far far smaller area - for instance of the Jarama Valley battle area or Brunete if you wish to keep with the SCW.

Smaller maps are easier to populate and take far less time to complete.

Indeed, that's the point, you're right: I over estimated myself on this one, the area is too big. However, Thanks for your support :wink:

By now, I'm working on a new project, perhaps much closer to what I'm able to do. It's too early to talk about it, so .... maybe in two more weeks :wink:

In between the excitement at the release of the new patch for 4.09m, we're still continuing on the Andalucia map. And as an added little extra also decided to probably release a much smaller map of the Gibraltar/Ceuta area as well.

To show how it's coming along, here are some views of Gibraltar harbor ...

The textures aren't set in stone yet, so there might be some chnages there and the city needs to be edited in textures too ... but that's for later.

[Image: GibraltarHarbor-03.jpg]

[Image: GibraltarHarbor-04.jpg]

[Image: GibraltarHarbor-02.jpg]

WOW! You have made a great progress.

A few more shots of the map with objects ...

[Image: Andalucia-Velez-Malaga-01.jpg]

[Image: Andalucia-Velez-Malaga-02.jpg]

Salute Comerades!
TIB have been busy to make Andalucia map ready. Big cities are almost done. Gibraltar is done. Airfields need to be tested. We have populated countryside more densily than average maps with random and planned villages and farms. I'm pretty sure that we can upload first beta soon, maybe after a week or so. Anyways, take a look of beautifull Sierra Nevada area:
[Image: I15.jpg]
[Image: I15_2.jpg]
[Image: I15_3.jpg]
[Image: I15_4.jpg]
[Image: I15_5.jpg]

Hi Kapteeni,

Map looks great.

Are the textures Agracier's Spain textures?.

Your lucky your not dealing with jungle as I am.

Looking forward to downloading the map.

Cheers Kirby

Lamphun