[WIP] 4 seasons for Canon-UK's channel map

Hi everybody

I decided to do a season pack for this EXCELLENT CanonUK map (the most potentially rich for missions & campaigns -from 1940 to 1944- in my idea)

Landscape (texs) is now done but the harder has come after :
I finally found that I had to modify texs for the plate objects used by airbases. (all terrain part has to become transparent except runways & landing strips... so each base remains specific but changes with seasons). But this is A LOT LONGER to achieve (90 bases to modify !!!) so I decided to make this WIP thread.
For now, 20 french airbases are done.

Here's Creil base:

SPRING
[Image: Creil-printemps.jpg]

SUMMER
[Image: Creil-ete.jpg]

AUTUMN
[Image: Creil-automne.jpg]

WINTER
[Image: Creil-hiver.jpg]

Please dont rub it in. Im about to tear my own face off, because 4.09b caues my IL2 to crash, and hence I cant use this amazing map!
Good work on these skins, by the way. Smile

How will these 'Season's" work with the Canon Summer and Winter maps, and the Autumn version created by someone else (I forget who did them, sorry)???

Doolittle81 Wrote:How will these 'Season's" work with the Canon Summer and Winter maps, and the Autumn version created by someone else (I forget who did them, sorry)???

The other autumn version is done by VonBarb.:

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...hp?t=20109

Quote:these 'Season's" work with the Canon Summer and Winter maps, and the Autumn version created by someone else

They'll appear as new ones with "G" prefix ... that means 8 new maps in the list.

Little update : the adaptation process for airbase-plates begins to work well now (I decided to make them suitable for all seasons)...
24 french airbases are done.

A few examples :

LE BOURGET (autumn)
[Image: Air-LeBourget.jpg]

CAMBRAI sud (winter)
[Image: Air-CambraiSud.jpg]

LILLE VENDEVILLE (spring)
[Image: Air-LilleVendeville.jpg]

ABBEVILLE (summer)
[Image: Air-Abbeville.jpg]

Hmmm.... this work doesn't seem to interest people here, does it ?

It might be because people would love to see pictures of the textures from a flying perspecitve, so in cockpit shots or shots from a plane in external view.
It might also be because so many people have had trouble getting cannons map running, that they don't want to d/l this (when it comes out) for fear of mucking up their install.

Once I install the new channel map again, I would definately try and give this a shot Wink

You're surely right : showing airbase after airbase is not so interesting :wink:

I'll show soon air screenshots !

GilB57 Wrote:You're surely right : showing airbase after airbase is not so interesting :wink:

I'll show soon air screenshots !

Whoop! thanks Big Grin

A few ones :

SUMMERTIME
[Image: Channel-summer01.jpg]

AUTUMN
[Image: Channel-autumn01.jpg]

WESTERN WINTER
[Image: Channel-winter01.jpg]

NB: I also shall correct a few bugs I noticed (a river height problem on Wight island for example and repetitive tex patterns at the borders of the map)

Now those look nice! Confusedhock: I'm in awe, maybe I should try and re-install the map, as I've been too lazy to do so LOL Big Grin

Looks great, looking forward to it.

Little update :

All french bases (60+) are completed !
Height bugs (mainly Wight island) corrected (done by Dunkelgrun).
High altitude clouds changing with seasons.

Fw190A3 ready to land at Etaples-LeToucquet base -summer map :
[Image: Air-LeToucquet.jpg]

Bf110c4 above Hermelinghen (Pas de Calais) - Autumn map:
[Image: Air-Hermelinghen.jpg]

...30+ bases on UK remaining.

8)

GilB57 Wrote:Hmmm.... this work doesn't seem to interest people here, does it ?

I'm very interested...just have nothing to add to the discussion..other thansaying that the aflds/terrain look good.