MiG-15 and F-85 Sabre Issues (post them here)

BERSERKER Wrote:But if so, normal is also to be folded automatically, but will remain extended

Maybe you go to landing on Autopilot and swich to manual before touchdown.

S!

I'm sorry but I do not understand this last :?

BERSERKER Wrote:I'm sorry but I do not understand this last :?

IA Jets go to landing very fast in il2. To fix this in the panther, I added some lines that forced AI to deploy the air brakes on landing. I think that PeterD used a similar command.

So if you flying using autopilot the airbrakes will open if the plane exceed FLAPS max speed on landing.

And if you go near the fiel with autopilot, and then swich to manual.....the command that I explain....will work to.

S!

Ok, many thanks for the explanation Big Grin

[quote="BERSERKER"]I have a problem

Hi Gents! First off all I want to thank Peter and other folks who made this great Korean addition for Il-2.
But i disagree some things whith current MiG incarnation, mostly about auto-brakes, there is no word about it in aircraft manual and pilots memories, so could some one post sourse from where this thing goes.
Thanks again for this great crafts (I realy like erly jets era) Big Grin
BTW here is links to the manual in russian, whith lots of information inc large M numbers controls:
http://ifolder.ru/14608804
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KCEHTIB2
http://rapidshare.com/files/296010081/m ... o.zip.html

So I can't use the old 1.02 XP-86 version no more huh? Tell me now before I start crying. :oops:

contrails are not perfectly in place
:???: [Image: nuovo1c.jpg] :???:
Hello Peter, this problem is easily solved?:???:
However, an excellent work, really beautiful :wink:

Use the contrail fix from here Big Grin

http://www.ecpdesign.net/aircrafts.php

In the game the air brakes are deployed at 780 km/h, in my humble opinion, a speed not too high for this bird, and of course much less of 0.94 mach.

I'd be happy if the airbrakes, they could be used manually :wink:

My MiG's airbrakes don't auto-deploy until roughly .92/.94 mach. Strange that you guys are getting something different.

Sneeke,

Here is one link concerning the MiG-15 auto-airbrakes. (The quote is from the 3rd paragraph under the 4th screenshot.) I have also seen it mentioned on several other sites.

"It was found the aircraft had an alarming yaw at speeds above Mach 0.9 and it also had a tendency to flip itself out of a high speed turn. This latter problem was common to most early, high speed jet fighters. The yaw problem was never satisfactorily resolved. The craft was simply fitted with speed brakes on each side of the rear fuselage which automatically opened at Mach 0.9. The Soviets were fond of simple, crude fixes such as the speed brakes.

http://www.aviation-history.com/mikoyan/mig15.html

Aviar

Indicated Air Speed is what you see in game. What matters is True Air Speed of TAS. The air brake do NOT deploy at 740kph TAS. They deploy around .94 Mach.

At sea level TAS and IAS ar eequal, but as altitude increases, the actual TAS goes up signifigantly compared to what you see on the dial. IIRC at 30,000 feet TAS = IAS + 64% So if you are seeing 500 kph IAS the TAS is actually 820 kph

Thanks Aviar, I dont think that Swinhart know what he talking about, couse in his article he mentioned problems with engine and arms too, but according to pilots memories there was no troubs with both.

JG14_Jagr Wrote:Indicated Air Speed is what you see in game. What matters is True Air Speed of TAS. The air brake do NOT deploy at 740kph TAS. They deploy around .94 Mach.

At sea level TAS and IAS ar eequal, but as altitude increases, the actual TAS goes up signifigantly compared to what you see on the dial. IIRC at 30,000 feet TAS = IAS + 64% So if you are seeing 500 kph IAS the TAS is actually 820 kph

Ok. Many thanks for the explanation
now everything is clear Big Grin

Sneeke Wrote:Thanks Aviar, I dont think that Swinhart know what he talking about, couse in his article he mentioned problems with engine and arms too, but according to pilots memories there was no troubs with both.

That might be because the ones that had those problems never lived to talk about it Smile As for the weapons, they were lethal, I wonder if they would have been better off with 4 23mm instead though. Having 2 different guns means two entirely different trajectories and it makes the sighting difficult. The sights themselves were not very good either by the standards of what the americans were using. In terms of reloading, the pod system was well thought out and made life easier.

It is very well documented that there were production quality control issues with the Mig15's. Having to manually adjust wing tabs on the ground to try and trim the AC is not a sign of good control in production.

Not that it matters much, but the gun cameras were just AWEFUL too.. and the Soviets granted kills based on what the photo evidence showed..if the cross hairs were where they thought they should be on the target they assumed kills..not a great way to score AC.