50 cal. Sound Mod. Audio from Not my time to die D/L link

Okay guys, I stripped this audio out from my film so that you can use it in the Browning 50 cals.

Youtube video can be viewed here of the mod. Be aware they sound way better than this as they are compressed for youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNNSscjcDhs

The audio is of multiple brownings firing rapidly (approx 2800 Rounds per minute). The exterior audio is fast and gives a (I think) convincing rapid fire, and from the cockpit view it has a deeper bass audio.

Pilots I have talked to have said the 50-cals sounded like a buzz saw. To be honest I tried something like that, but..just couldn't get it right.

This however I feel is pretty accurate from what the pilots have told me and a big change from the defaults and any others I have heard so-far!

There is a readme in the zip file, which I am pasting here:

"This is not a self installing zip so extract the audio files and follow the instructions below.

These two audio files were created by me Mysticpuma for the film "Not my time to die!".

They are multiple .50-cal guns firing to give a rapid 2800rpm gunfire rate.

They replace all .50-cal audio so will work on P-51's too.

Copy these two files into you Ubisoft/IL2 Sturmovik 1946/Files/Samples folder.

There are two folder contained inside the .zip file.

The Folder with the files 1.2 only are only 1.2 compatible as the .wav files have the names reversed (by accident) in 1.2 for the MG Browning.

If you want to use them in 1.1 or earlier copy the files inside the 1. or earlier into your Ubisoft/IL2 Sturmovik 1946/Files/Samples folder."

Finally be sure to backup the original ones in your samples folder in-case you don't like them!

Enjoy, cheers, MP.

So, here's the link to download from:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qmhjo30ofug

Hey thx Man,they sound awesome 8)

Easy

Sounds great TY Dude.

Hey, Neil. Where have you been? I haven't seen hide or hair of you in months. Good to see you're still around. What is going on with your latest project? I have been anxious to find out.

Still working on it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpJTdu4hjFA

Should be complete by August 2010..lots of info, never before seen images and video, more of a documentary than an IL2 movie.

It's coming!!!! Wink

Cheers, MP.

Quote:The audio is of multiple brownings firing rapidly (approx 2800 Rounds per minute). The exterior audio is fast and gives a (I think) convincing rapid fire, and from the cockpit view it has a deeper bass audio.

Pilots I have talked to have said the 50-cals sounded like a buzz saw. To be honest I tried something like that, but..just couldn't get it right.

Multiple AN/M2's probably did sound like a buzz saw and I'm sure the later AN/M3 must have sounded like one. What many people do not realize is that there are three distinct versions of the Browning M2 50 caliber machine gun.

M2HB = Heavy barrel M2, air cooled heavy barrel for ground use. Rate of fire 450-575 rpm.

AN/M2 = air cooled, lighter barrel for use in aircraft. Rate of fire 750-850 rpm.

AN/M3 = air cooled, lighter barrel with a feed boosting system. Rate of fire 1200 rpm.

The clips seen on YouTube or just about anywhere are of the slow firing M2HB. The 50 calibers used in aircraft were the AN/M2 and had nearly twice the rate of fire. The AN/M3 was developed during WWII and installed in the F-84 Thuderjet/Thunderstreak, F-86 Saber, and used in the XM14/SUU-12/A gun pod used in Vietnam. The P-80, however, used the AN/M2.

Wow these sound awesome! Thanks

Thanks, I thought so too Wink

New video link showing mod in action has been added

WTH?

i just posted 50 cal sounds i made. lol

I'll give yours a quick listen anyway.

Bill

edit: they sound good, you can here them up close to the plane. Mine get drowned out by the engine. The internals sound good, too.

Okay then, im not good w/ figuring out this mod here.....I read the Readme and put both 1.1 and 1.2 into the sample folder, that didnt work. Then I put 1 of each folder into samples folder then the 50cal .wav fiels from each folder into the samples folder nothing works. Do I need a mod activator or sound activator or something? Also, where are the 50cal sound files you say to back up at? In your read me it says to put them in Files/Samples....my folder goes Il2 Sturmovik 1946/samples.......there is no files folder and ther are no 50cal wav files ot back up either. Also how do I know what UI version 1.1 or 1.2 im using? Ive not once gotten any updates or patches for this PC im on for Il2 so im guessing 1.1 but idk....The mod is prolly simple to put in and im just a putz and missing something obvious and easy.