DCG Philippines 1944-45 V1.4

Hi,

Campaign tested with IL2 1946 V4.09m UP 2.01/HSFX 4.1 Mods and DCG V3.46

Many thanks to Paul Lowengrin for his support and Dynamic Campaign Generator,"Delvpier" for
this huge Philippines Map and the AAS/SAS Modders for their Mods!

Special thanks to "JapanCat", who made the beautiful Ki-44 (original from the "TainanMod")
and to "DBG_Lakota" who gave me detailed historical informations about the Airfields,
aircrafts and operations in the Philippines from Nov. 1944 till end of War!

Download campaign V1.4: http://www.mediafire.com/?9y340m8lzv7eqgp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Philippines !944-45 V1.4 DBW

Tested with DBW 1.71 and DCG 3.47beta6!

Added the D4Y3 by "ten010/Birdman" and the Ki-44 by "JapanCat/Tainan Group" to the standard campaign!
Its possible to include the Super Battleship "Yamato" by Diving_Hawk into the Leyte Gulf subcampaign!

When aircraft should still explode at mission start and the like, please post here!

Many thanks to Paul Lowengrin for his support and Dynamic Campaign Generator,
"Delvpier" for his huge Philippines Map", Slink" for the reworked .dcg files for 3.47
and all AAS/SAS and FM Modder for their Mods!

Philippines V1.4 DBW: http://www.mediafire.com/?3n93ne7svh9blhp

Thanks!

to be historical, use the C-47A here instead of the B in the solomons

Thrud Wrote:to be historical, use the C-47A here instead of the B in the solomons

Create a Campaign,go to DCG Squadron Editor panel,choose the squadron and change the type under "Aircraft"!
Thats it!

Thanks,Thrud!

Only for UP or HSFX Mod user!

If you want to play the new G4M2E Betty by Sani in the Philippines Campaign: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/t ... f276043c18

Add these lines to

class.dcg:

G4M2EBETTY G4M2A-24 Betty in 2 2 1 194402 194612 none G4M2EBetty G4M1_11 4000 Meters 320.00 kph Default 320.00 kph

payloads.dcg:

G4M2EBETTY 1x5002x250 default 8x100 none 1xtyp91 default

If you've manually installed the new Betty, dont forget to create a file in
"IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/PaintSchemes/Skins" and name it "G4M2EBetty"!

After you created the first mission of your campaign, exit Il-2 or switch to Desktop and open DCG!
Go to the Squadron Editor panel, search after the Squadrons that use the G4M1 Model 11 Betty and change
the aircraft type to G4M2A-24 Betty! Close DCG and play your campaign! The new Betty appears
in the next following mission!

1. How can I set my rank as a captain ? When I'm doing it in game I can't change my plane load even when I am highest rank in squadron. When I try do this in DCG (during game) it doesn't wnat to.
2. USAAF fighter campaign doesn't want to generate. I use HSFX - is this a problem ?
3. Additionaly I have "too many planes on airdrome" error and mission can't load.

Probably I'm doing something wrong...
Please help me Smile

whiskey111 Wrote:1. How can I set my rank as a captain ? When I'm doing it in game I can't change my plane load even when I am highest rank in squadron. When I try do this in DCG (during game) it doesn't wnat to.
2. USAAF fighter campaign doesn't want to generate. I use HSFX - is this a problem ?
3. Additionaly I have "too many planes on airdrome" error and mission can't load.

Probably I'm doing something wrong...
Please help me Smile

Hi,

1. You must at least have the rank of a Major to be a flight leader and to change the weapons loading for your squadron!

2. Which subcampaign could not be loaded and/or what error message was displayed!

3. I have tested the campaign with the setting "Squadron density = moderate", because I had not a fast PC at that time!
If you have this setting set higher, in any case enable the option "Air starts" so that some planes start at the beginning of a mission in the air!

I have played the Phillippines Campaign with HSFX 4.1 and had no Problems!
Hope it helps!

Thanks for replay. However I fixed my problems Smile

1. I had "squadron management" ON in options - this is why I couldn't change my rank.
2. USAAF campaigns don't work for me
3. "too many planes on airdrome" error - because 'max four flights' were set to "4" and their was no place for them all

I have a questions:
1. I play USMC campaign as a F4U-1A pilot. I though that newer version of Corsair were in use in that time. Is this correct ?
2. Which options (in OPTION menu) should be on/off to play correctly this campaign ? For example: historical production dates - does it have any influence on this campaign ?

Hi,

I'm not a expert, but I think the Navy and the Marine flew the F4U-1A in that time!
The historical data have influence on the appearance of new aircraft in the course of the campaign!

Options:
[Image: 73a30e67985ed3626034e70bda6091d95g.jpg]

@AAA
This is probably be my last post here, so thank you all for your mods and all the best, whatever you are planning too!

Greetings!
Lonestar

Please write me, what I should change to play F4U-1D version from the first subcampaign ?
This version started to be produced in April 1944 so maybe was introduced to some squadrons in the end of 1944. I have no idea if it could be historically true to play this version from the beginning (VMF-211) but I really love this one Smile

whiskey111 Wrote:Please write me, what I should change to play F4U-1D version from the first subcampaign ?
This version started to be produced in April 1944 so maybe was introduced to some squadrons in the end of 1944. I have no idea if it could be historically true to play this version from the beginning (VMF-211) but I really love this one Smile

Hi,
For the Philippines Campaign!

planesUMF.dat:

[Pre_Philippines44]
F4U1D
[Leyte_Gulf44]
F4U1D
[Mindoro44]
F4U1D
[Luzon45]
F4U1D
[Visayan_Islands45]
F4U1D
[Mindanao45]
F4U1D

campaignsUMF.dat:

* USMC Fighter Philippines 1944-45 (DCG)
Philippines 1944-45 Dynamic Campaign for US Marine Corps Fighter Pilots (Full Auto-Generation Mode)
Pre_Philippines44 Preparations for the Invasion, 1944
Leyte_Gulf44 Battle of Leyte Gulf, 1944
Mindoro44 Battle of Mindoro, Late 1944
Luzon45 Battle of Luzon, Early 1945
Visayan_Islands45 Battle of Visayan Islands, 1945
Mindanao45 Battle of Mindanao, 1945

class.dcg:
F4U1D F4U-1D Corsair un 1 1 1 194309 194612 none F4U-1D none 5000 Meters 420.00 kph Default 420.00 kph

Cool Big Grin Now I can make a hell by my HVARs rockets Big Grin

Its been a while since I made an update for this campaign and it should be the last!

Changes in V1.3
-------------------------
1. Reworked ship traffic and added additional units/ships for the US side in all subcampaigns, to make the invasions more effective!
2. Reworked Road traffic for Leyte!
3. Reworked invasion points for Luzon and Mindanao! A part of the invasions there couldnt work because of wrong location names!
4. Reduced fuel for all B-24,B-25 and PBN-1 squadrons for better take off performance!
5. Changed victory conditions in some subcampaigns!

After talking with "JapanCat", I decided to include the Ki-44 subsequently in the campaign!
The Ki-44 is original from the "Tainan Mod"! Many thanks to "JapanCat" for this beautiful aircraft!
New campaign files are uploaded!

I know, its currently a beta version but the "Judy" must in this campaign! Many thanks to "Ten010" and his team for this important missing aircraft!

Ten010's D4Y3 Beta Version 1.0 for 4.09: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/t ... 36.96.html

Changes in V1.4
-------------------------
1. Added the possibility to use the "D4Y3 Judy" by "ten010" in all subcampaigns!
2. Changed some aircraft types of the Kamikaze squadrons!
3. Fixed a bug in the payloads.dcg of the D3A1!

Hi,
Its now possible to include the Super Battleship "Yamato" by Diving_Hawk into the Leyte Gulf subcampaign! (Many thanks to Diving_Hawk for this missing ship!)

Download: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/t ... 754.0.html

Important note:
-----------------------------
The Yamato will spawn in the right place but will not remain sunk as normal in this campaign due to his class name, which DCG not accept as a Battleship! For DCG is it a Destroyer or smaller ship!
And please dont set manually the "Ships Remain Sunk" option to "on" during the campaign, because other ships could remain sunk and the US have later no more Tramp ships for the resupply of their invasion!

But here is the trick:
---------------------------------------
If the Yamato is sunk during a mission then, after you end the mission as normal and you are on the Debriefing page of that mission,
switch to Desktop, open DCG and go to the "Ground Objects Editor" panel!

1. Search under "Column" after the Yamato (72_Chief) and select it!
2. Rename the Yamato under "Column Name" to "Sunk" and select under "Location" the option "Blank"!
3. Now close DCG, back to the Debriefing page of IL-2 and press "Apply" for the next mission!

The Yamato is now remained sunk till the end of this campaign, no matter if the "Ships Remain Sunk" option is selected or not!

New files uploaded!