[MOD] Hawaian islands map (beta) edit

Full credit to "porto72" for creating this map. Smile

This is a beta for now until i get some feedback :wink:
There are two parts, the map itself and a pack of objects required to enable saving in FMB.
If you already have any of these objects installed then manually install the ones you don't have.
Infantry mod by ??? ( the origional one)
DLV infantry mod
ToW objects pack (Created in ui1.1 and may cause issues)
TElmo objects

EDIT
You will also need the Cal tarmac plates mod( my bad, i forgot to add it in )
I have added a link below.

*****ALLWAYS BACK UP YOUR MODS FOLDER "BEFORE" INSTALLING ANY NEW MODS !!!!!!!!!******

Download and extract both rar files into a folder somewhere.

A) Install instructions "Map"
1) Drop the MODS folder from the map folder into your il2 main folder.

2) Add this line
tc_hawaain-islands tc_hawaain-islands/load.ini
to your all.ini file, located here /MODS/MapMods/Maps

B) Install instructions "objects"
1) Drop the MODS folder from the objectpack into your il2 main folder.

2) Add everything from the "add to static" file, to the "bottom" of your static.ini file,
located here. /MODS/STD/com/maddox/il2/objects

Enjoy Smile

I have included the individual objects ini aditions in a seperate folder for those who have already installed any of them or want to manually install.
I have updated the ToW objects install with this map so it puts it in the correct place for UI1.2 and it is not in the STD folder.

Download
map
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jgt2onmii1n/map.zip
objects pack
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wlnmwo5dj ... ctpack.zip
Tarmac plates

Filefront link to both packs
http://www.filefront.com/user/saburo_sakai

(The link is inoperative) /picture056.jpg
(The link is inoperative) /picture017-1.jpg
(The link is inoperative) /picture058.jpg
(The link is inoperative) /picture061.jpg

YES! Thankyou. I've been waiting for this one. Big Grin

Lookin' good....

DL.Looks greatSmile
TY alot

In my UI 1.1 version (1.1 plus quite a large number of additional MODs, such as Canon's English Channel map), I have the ToW folder (with 76 files therein) located in both the objectsmap\3DO\buildings folder and also in the STD 3do\buildings folder. Can't remember which is actually correct and working for 1.1...but the Channel Map works.

You show the same ToW folder with 76 files in the objectsmap folder only.

Is there a difference between 1.1 and 1.2 in this regard,or should the folder/files be in the objectsmsap location for both?

Wow, this looks soooooo much better than the stock Honolulu base, WOW

Thank you!

Want to bomb it.

Thanks man

Looks awesome

A really wonderful area to fly a very long round!

Great job

I made a Pearl harbor attack mission for this map..... which was copied from my old mission on the default map...
http://www.4shared.com/account/file/128 ... ack3b.html

it uses ships from the shippack2 ...so if you do not have that installed....open the mission in the FMB first..then save....and this will strip off all the extra stuff not on your install from the mission file..

I believe Saburo Sakai is also working on a more historically accurate mission too

This is only for very fast computers or you'll get a slide-show

also best enjoyed with the special effects mod and Battlesounds mod

you are pilot of a D3A and take=off from Akagi to attack with the second wave...so put it on auto pilot and watch the first wave go in....

Confusedhock:

Speachless...

Hi Saburo,
I would love to fly this, but somehow I have royally screwed up my installation.

I am also missing these and would appreciate it if you could upload them on mediafire:

MTO_Clouds256.tga
land/summer/rom_fields_LowLand2.tga
land/summer/rom_fields_LowLand3.tga
land/summer/rom_fields_MidLand3.tga
land/summer/sk_fields_midland0.tga
land/summer/sk_fields_midland3.tga
land/summer/sk_fields_mount0.tga

land/summer/MTO_Mount_Fields.tga

land/summer/sk_country_mount.tga
land/summer/sk_DownCity.tga

land/summer/fields_airfieldDesert.tga
land/summer/fields_airfieldBurma.tga

land/summer/MTO_Air_Fields.tga
forest/summer/sk_ForestFar.tga

Also, if possible might you make a lite_actors_static with NO animals or humans. Those two infantry mods add about 55 MB to the load.

I'm trying to track down the pb. with my game crashing when a mission starts.
I noticed Telmo's mod has a RadarTower_Receiver folder that is different than the CanonUK_Objects one I already have?

Finally do I have to have the Ship Pack to fly this map?

Thanks a lot,

Fly!

FLY,
i will look into this after the weekend( i have my daughter staying and will be very busy), but i have had over 120 downloads of this and so far, no one else has had these issues. have you got the UI1.1/2 installed ? This map was created with the UI1.1 and the objects pack has been compiled for those who did not have those objects in it.
Telmos mod is a set of custom objects made for this map.
The ship pack is not needed for this map to work, but is needed if you download fabianfreds mission.

Doolittle81,
this was the only issue that could have arose , the 2 ToW objects mods are the same, but the original one was compiled in a different way than other objects mods( that's why i said it MAY cause an issue) and was in the wrong place for the UI 1.2. I have sent the author the pack as it should be, with the mod in the objectsmod folder, it should not have been in the STD folder. Try moving the one from the STD folder to your desktop and any duplicate lines from your static.ini file and then running any maps you made using those objects, if it runs ok then you should be fine. if not put it back,let me know, and i will look into it further.

The map is o.k. :wink:

Thanks for your help Saburo! I don't think that I would ever publish this map without your post "hawaii request for talented mapmaker" and your final support.

Very good job Saburo!

Been trying to download these 2 files for a while, all I get is this:

The webpage "download672.mediafire.com" cannot be found

Tried turning security etc off, same thing, anybody know what the problem is ?

Don't know mate, i just checked and the files are still all therec Smile