To the Wise guy who brought us the Sabre and Mig-15...

S~

I would just like to say THANKS!! Now I am sitting up til 3 am making missions for campaigns!! I am addicted to these birds! Any chance down the line of any more Jet fighter/bombers? The ole F-4 perhaps.. At any rate a simply marvelous mod to add spice to the game. Kudos to you (or you all!!)

F-4... too advanced, not suitable to this game. Anything with advanced avionics or heat seeking missiles. Technically guided bombs are possible just like the x-4's but not in a game like this. Up to the korean war is mostly fine. Anything past is a mostly definite no no. Even the ones that are possible, people won't bother to spend their time making one and would rather do a more needed WWII or korean war era plane instead.

Perhaps a LA 15? I think a few were used.This would be a great adition to this magnific pair.

For 60

George Formby Wrote:S~

I would just like to say THANKS!! Now I am sitting up til 3 am making missions for campaigns!! I am addicted to these birds! Any chance down the line of any more Jet fighter/bombers? The ole F-4 perhaps.. At any rate a simply marvelous mod to add spice to the game. Kudos to you (or you all!!)

Same here George, those planes are awesome I love how the engine output is shown to vary on the engine, that's cool.

By the way what happend to the "Cougarized" project?

It's looks cool to have backward swept wings, your best thing of advanced aircraft but in keeping on this game's level. I think that should have it's own slot for sure.

Yea, like to see the cougar with it's own slot and sliding canopy. Would be great addition.

How about an A-7A Corsair II? That isn't too advanced, is it? Sure it could carry 2 AIM-9s, but they rarely ever did that.

The problem is that once you pass a certain threshold, aircraft become very systems intensive.. you need search radar, modelled, guidance radar modelled, heat signature tracking modelled etc. That plus the speeds are not handled well by the physics of the FM.

We just need to convince some server to throw a Mig Alley server up on Hyperlobby.. that would give everyone a good Jets fix for a while..

duffys tavern Wrote:Yea, like to see the cougar with it's own slot and sliding canopy. Would be great addition.
Hey yeah and the Panther doesn't have that feature either. But man I would love to fly those backwards swept wings off the carrier.

European Snake Wrote:How about an A-7A Corsair II? That isn't too advanced, is it? Sure it could carry 2 AIM-9s, but they rarely ever did that.
They were going on saying we didn't want to model planes past the Korean War, and with any such advanced guidance system such as what Jagr said.

JG14_Jagr Wrote:We just need to convince some server to throw a Mig Alley server up on Hyperlobby.. that would give everyone a good Jets fix for a while..
That's one thing I didn't get, why weren't there either a Dedicated Mod testing Server on Hyperlobby and weren't there any severs for the KTO planes. What's up with that? :???:

Razgriz_37 Wrote:
European Snake Wrote:How about an A-7A Corsair II? That isn't too advanced, is it? Sure it could carry 2 AIM-9s, but they rarely ever did that.
They were going on saying we didn't want to model planes past the Korean War, and with any such advanced guidance system such as what Jagr said.

Then how about the 1955 F-8 Crusader?

Hell what about the F4D Skyray, That thing looks sexy.

[Image: 300px-F4d_skyray.jpg]