P51 incorrect date plane length..in the FM of the sim

can some one check this out? who mods this stuff?
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread ... 15&page=56

"Kwiatek
Junior Member Join Date: Jan 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem with P-51 and 0,50 cal in game is simply - stability during manouvering and aiming ( shoting). The problem is that when you try in P-51 aim target there is a lot of unstability in all axis and most your bullets dont hit the target in point just spread over the sky.

We know that P-51 had problem with longitudinal stability when had full fuselage fuel tank behind the pilot - beacuse CoG was backward. When these fuel tank was below 50% stability problems should gone. Thats why P-51 pilots when had these tank near full filled ( was restriction to fill only 3/4) they firstly empty these tank even before drop tanks.

Why P-51 in game had these problem all time?

I find what is reson of these.

RL data for P-51 claim lenght of these plane = 9.83 m

In game all P-51 have lenght = 9.38m.

These look like "czech error".

What would happend if we correct these value to RL data without even changing CoG value ( COG for P-51 is 0)

Woala P-51 would be more stable during manouvers and aiming and now your bullets will hit target more focusing and precisly. I tested it and it really works for these plane.
I could say that even API ammo belt is not really need now.

I remember very good that before some of patch 4.XX P-51 was more stable in aiming and was really effectivnes weapon agains german planes. These was change in some patch many time ago - so it could be that these error cause it. The same is with P-47 roll rate at high speed. After the same patch P-47 loose their roll ability at high speed and 1C never correct these. Dont know really why beacause is rather simply change.
"

The new mod Mustangs gave correct length.

Well, somethings wrong somewhere because our -51 don't fly even remotely like a real aluminum one. Not even close. All the of the rest I never actually flew so I can't speak for them. But if I were a betting man.....

Before I start gettin' flamed...

"Sturmovik" just plain rocks. Especially with all the help from the talented folks here. But, I think it would be waaaaaaaaaaay worth the effort/expense if the developer gods un-porked the Flight Models on a few of these birds when Maddox et al release the latest greatest.

I'm not a computer guru and I do understand that there are limitations etc......

I'm not talking major changes (on most of the birds) but maybe a nip here and a tuck there. One thing that irritates me is the stab trim. No Flight Manual/POH/QRH that I've ever read calls for full aft trim on takeoff. In fact, try that on a real jet and you're a dead man. Period. I would say ask that chick driving the Lear-35 in Waco around 83'-84' about how stab trim effects control input during a V1 cut, but I can't because she's dead.

I've been at this more than a year now and I still crash sometimes simply because I did whatever 10000+ hours (jeeez....) experience hauling rubber dog waste and half-drunk passengers taught me.

Then again, both my ex wives complained about me being hyper-critical about insignificant things like their weight gain.

8^)

Okay, have you even tried UI 1.2 with the Mustang Collection by Lt. Wolf?

Mastiff, the CG problem you are describing had an effect of stability during maneuver and could cause a nasty loss of control if not handled properly. The gun platform stability you are complaining about is not really a by product of that CG issue.

Some of the AC in game has very much exaggerated wobble on the X and Y axis while firing even at high speed. There are a lot of factors that contribute to how much impact the force of the recoil will have. Typically guns with a high rate of fire and multiple barrels tend to more or less nullifiy each other so you don't get the "extremes" in terms of angular deflection. Watching guncamera footage of strafing usually is a good way to see just how stable the aircraft are (don't confuse rudder inputs designed to walk the fire around with wide dispersion)

mach-overspeed Wrote:Well, somethings wrong somewhere because our -51 don't fly even remotely like a real aluminum one. Not even close. All the of the rest I never actually flew so I can't speak for them. But if I were a betting man.....

Before I start gettin' flamed...

"Sturmovik" just plain rocks. Especially with all the help from the talented folks here. But, I think it would be waaaaaaaaaaay worth the effort/expense if the developer gods un-porked the Flight Models on a few of these birds when Maddox et al release the latest greatest.

I'm not a computer guru and I do understand that there are limitations etc......

The new P-51s are more stable and what Mastiff describes is the problem that has been fixed. The P-51 IRL was prone to snap rolls even at high speed.. but it did not wobble as if it were on the end of a pencil.. like the stock ones do..

You are right Sturmovik does rock .. even stock...