No easy way to add an airfield?

So from what I've read it's very hard to just plunck down a new airfield for the stock maps. Have I missed something or is that the jest of ii?

I just wanted to add some airfields to my missions in a campaign. It doesn't sound like a workable idea unless I missed something.

If this is the case or if there is a solution can someone assist me?

Thank you.

Hello again, Packer-fan :wink:

Back on topic: As far as I know, the only option is just to use test runways. The downside is that you can't have grass or dirt runways (unless you're using Test Runway 4 over grass or dirt). You also can't have very nice taxiways.

But with a few airport-specific FMB objects, and a little imagination, you can create an OK looking airfield.

When I first started making my greek fighter campaign, I was forced to make my own airbases using the airfeild plates objects with FMB+ and the clear test runways. It takes very careful use, but I managed to make an airfeild which looks no different from a normal airport, but you can customise it as you wish, The only downside is that aircraft will not taxi, but sit for a while then dissapear like on a carrier.

Same I use FMB+ It contains airfield parts and I also use Tarmac runways as well!

Planemad

Cool. Now all those jets I have in my campaign can land safely. I'll give it a try thanks.

more info on this if needed
viewtopic.php?t=10599