[MapMod] 4 seasons for CanonUK new Channel map !

Hi EVERYBODY,

After a long work, my "4 SEASONS for Canon-UK Channel map" pack is finally ready for download.

[Image: 4seasons-spring.jpg]
SPRING

[Image: 4seasons-summer.jpg]
SUMMER

[Image: 4seasons-autumn.jpg]
AUTUMN

[Image: 4seasons-winter.jpg]
WINTER

Here's the current download link:
http://gillesbabin.perso.neuf.fr/fichier...hannel.rar

The file 238 mb big.

Here's the included readme :

This pack is an addon for Canon-UK Channel great new map.

The file structure is the same as Joe's one : tex files are all in _Tex/land/summer/CAN_Channel/... but with new prefix : GSpr_ for spring, GSum_ for summer and so on....
I also had to release a part of this pack (new airfield texs) as desactivated by default ( new folder "fields" in /CanonUK-objects/.. is provided as "-fields"), in order to protect Joe's original work.

FEATURES:

-8 new maps in your FMB list : channel 40-41 & channel 43-45 for spring, summer, autumn & winter.
-New texs for each season.
-All airfields are reworked so that they fit well with surrounding landscape in all seasons (needs to be activated - see intallation instructions)
-Different sky & high clouds for each season : You'll find from complete blue sky in 1 summer map to overcast in 1 winter map.
-Sea color slightly more green-blue for all maps except the overcast one which remans grayish.
-No leaves on the trees in the winter maps.
-Map_T file reworked in some places to fix a few things and to delete infinite band effects on maps borders.
-Map_H file reworked (thx to Dunkelgrun who gave me the file) to fix a few height errors (mainly on Wight island)
-Each season map has now its own map_F file to keep the map looking good in "excellent" mode (despite the sea may appear too blueish in this mode but this pack is made for "perfect" mode.)

INSTALLATION:

THIS ADDON PACK NEEDS the CANON-UK CHANNEL MAP to be PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED AND FULLY WORKING.

Simply extract files in your game folder and copy content of the add-to-all-ini.txt (found in "mapmods/maps/..." folder) in your mapmods/maps/all.ini file.

AIRFIELDS ACTIVATION:

In order to have good looking airfields in every season, I reworked all texs files for them (mainly alpha channel).
To avoid overwriting of the original Canon-UK files, their folder has been desactivated with "-" sign at the beginning.

To activate the new airfields (after installation):

-Go to "Mods/CanonUK_objects/3do/buildings/... folder.
-Rename "Fields" folder to "FieldsSAV" (just an example of name)
-Rename "-Fields" folder to "Fields" ...done !

Just revert this to retrieve the original Canon-UK airfield plates.

AKNOWLEDGMENTS:

At first, CANON-UK for this great map.
VonBarb for his autumn pack (I used forest files)
Dunkelgrun for his map_H corrected file.
Compans for his already well known great textures

DISCLAIMER:
I know Canon-UK made a very BIG work to have all the airfields look just what they looked during the second world war. More than 90 airfields are in this map and each one is single !!!
I did my best to keep their own appearance as I reworked them (the grass parts becoming transparent). But some data may have been lost during the process... because it is impossible to avoid it if I want them to look good in ALL seasons.

So .... my apologies to Joe for the modification of his work !

Everyone will see the result and choose what he wants. This is the reason why I made my modified airfields desactivated by default.
BUT you have to activate them to have my seasons pack render the best.

Have good flights over the Channel !
GilB57

It's litterally raining ground textures today... Great job you've done !

Cheers

Nico

wow ... 284 mb . Are you zipped an elefant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Downloading :!:

fantastic work ! :thumbsup:

highly recommended

many thanks for this :pray:

reg
Z

just a random question is it to scale?? 1:1??

Thanks for your hard work! Big Grin

Quote:just a random question is it to scale?? 1:1??

Not sure ... I suppose Joe didn't answered that exactly...

But it appears to me to be something between 3:4 & 1:1.

Super merci Gilb57

I'm sure most of you remember me from previous posts and how not smart I am (but I am 67 yrs old). Anyhow, here I am with another probably stupid question.

So I just copy the Mods folder into my main game folder and add the lines to the ....all.ini and then I am good to go? Of course then I follow the readme to change the settings (I think I understand those)?

Again, as in the past, I apologize for my questions, but some things just don't sink in the way they used to.

Thank you.

I understand your reluctance to change any of the fundamental features of Cannon's map, but is there any chance of having you remove the weird "floating airfield" on the French coast? Cannon has admitted this to be a bug, I think.

Bob Holmes Wrote:I'm sure most of you remember me from previous posts and how not smart I am (but I am 67 yrs old). Anyhow, here I am with another probably stupid question.

So I just copy the Mods folder into my main game folder and add the lines to the ....all.ini and then I am good to go? Of course then I follow the readme to change the settings (I think I understand those)?

Again, as in the past, I apologize for my questions, but some things just don't sink in the way they used to.

Thank you.

hi there,

firstly, you need properly installed Cannon's BoB map ( and all additional mods it requires )

viewtopic.php?t=19663

when that mod works without a glitch ( loading , saving ...) then copy Mods folder (from this addon) into your main game folder and add required lines to all.ini

for new airfields look :

AIRFIELDS ACTIVATION:

In order to have good looking airfields in every season, I reworked all texs files for them (mainly alpha channel).
To avoid overwriting of the original Canon-UK files, their folder has been desactivated with "-" sign at the beginning.

To activate the new airfields (after installation):

Quote:-Go to "Mods/CanonUK_objects/3do/buildings/... folder.
-Rename "Fields" folder to "FieldsSAV" (just an example of name)
-Rename "-Fields" folder to "Fields" ...done !

regards
Z

Quote: is there any chance of having you remove the weird "floating airfield" on the French coast?

Sorry, no chance. Never heard about that bug...
Anyway, this not the purpose of my pack.
Only "technical" bugs were corrected (some remain I suppose).
Since the beginning, I decided to ENTIRELY trust CanonUK about historical accuracy.

I understand, I just thought I'd ask. It's just odd to see this lone airfield in the sea. Perhaps Cannon will weigh in on this at some point.

Quote:odd to see this lone airfield in the sea

....As I was curious, I searched for this "bug".
Are you talking about this landing point in the sea near Boulogne harbor ?

If so, I don't think it is a bug : I tried to use it with an IA seaplane. Well it works perfectly well ...as a seaplane base .

In fact, the real bug is that there is not such a place on the british coast for english rescue seaplanes, I think :wink:

Not sure what to add under [Quick] in conf.ini to play with them in QMB+?

CustomXX= ??

Cheers,

T_T

PS. Really want to check these babies out and I never worked out FMB :oops:

It just depends on what you want to do ?
(I'm not familiar with QMB+)

...if you want to just replace the maps in quick missions, you 'll have to modify one line in the mission files in Mods/[the name for QMB+ folder you have]/missions/Channelxxxxxxxx.mis:

(at the beginning...)

[MAIN]
MAP CAN_EnglishChannel/GSum_1940load.ini

(.... depending on what map you want to have in QMB)

If you want to add, I don't know... maybe someone else can help ?