Kyushu V1.0 - DL Now - Bumph textures update 7/03/10

12-02-2010 update - download link

[Image: 4178795160_1f78901a62_b.jpg]

here we are. I will post here the link for donwload tonigh or tomorrow, depending of admin agreement. The map is finished.
There some things i'm still not satified, like the rendering of the harbors. i will work on it in the coming week to find a better concret and make it looks more older. I added many objects on my fields, it gives the illusion we are flying over a WW2 landcape.

Hope you will like the map guys. It's a nice place to fly in now and i guess mission/campains bilders will take advantage of all the hotspots i puted on the map....what about a dog fight over an hold lava river :wink: ?

Special thanks:

Agracier for wises discussions
Goblin for fan attitude and tests Wink
Avala for advises
Fz for good feedbacks and discussions...and for advertisings on histomod Wink
VonBarb for sharing good ideas

and all the others...

LINK : http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgzbylkymy4/Kyushu repainted V1.zip

LINK for BumpH update + map_T corrections, take a look to readmefile for install before : http://www.mediafire.com/?mnimm4yzhmj

install

put the file "redko_japan1" into you mod file like this:
MODS/MAPMODS/maps/redko_japan1

put the texture file "redko_tex" into your Tex file like this:
MODS/MAPMODS/maps/_Tex/redko_tex/redko_japan1

and add in your all.ini file located into your MODS/MAPMODS/maps folder the following lines:
redko_japan1 redko_japan1/load.ini

THOSE WANTING TO INSTALL THE MAP IN PLACE OF THE STOCK ONE JUST RENAME THE MAP FILE INTO "JAPAN1" AND DON'T AD TO ALL.INI THE NEW LINE

I HAVE EXISTING MISSIONS/CAMPAINS:

before posting error message problems on this thread, if you are trying to play missions and/or campains you already have from the stock map for exemple and you get a message saying "error string out of range" do not worry.
i just changed some bildings on the new actor.static in this version of the map, so your mission try to load the old ones, and as they don't exist anymore... you have this message! Wink

Solution is easy :
go to missions folder, there were you have the mission and/or the campains your are trying to play. for EACH mission, locate the .mis file. For EACH mission using this new map version, go to "HOUSE" chapter, and erase ALL what you have in this chapter and only this chapter.
check also if the name of the map if correct.....and that's all
save
exit
...and play Wink

[Image: 4178035125_488beb0e0d_b.jpg]

Very nice repainting mate !! Big Grin

Yes indeed, very nicely done. I was flying in your repainted Okinawa map just a while ago and it struck me that while previously, I thought the map uninspired and very outdated, with your textures repaint it took on a new life and seemed to be very realistic.

I cannot help but be amazed at what good work amateurs can do ... amateurs don't get paid, but they put their all into it ... keep it up.

Yummy. Looks fantastic, can't wait to get this :-)

Nice!!

Very nice mate Big Grin Well done Big Grin

Planemad

agracier Wrote:Yes indeed, very nicely done. I was flying in your repainted Okinawa map just a while ago and it struck me that while previously, I thought the map uninspired and very outdated, with your textures repaint it took on a new life and seemed to be very realistic.

I cannot help but be amazed at what good work amateurs can do ... amateurs don't get paid, but they put their all into it ... keep it up.

"I cannot help but be amazed at what good work amateurs can do ... amateurs don't get paid, but they put their all into it ... keep it up"

200% agree. It's hour strength : no money, no profits, no calendar to hold for investors. The work is longuer but better and we put the guts ! :wink:

Looks superb m8 Wink

Looks superb m8 Wink

UPDATE- news pics

So, now we can say that the REAL rework for Kyushu as began.

I post some new pics to show you the process, you will probably not make the difference with those on the begining of this topic....and its normal for the moment. Same textures. The thing is now i put myself these texture on the ground and i start for the moment with only 2 differents one. I will after increase the complexity mixing more and more, and then you will see all the potential of this map.

It's strange that only WhiteCat - if i don't mistake - tryed to do something more interresting of this map. He was right ! Here we have big mountains, hudge plains, many cities, water, volcanos....Those who liked Okinawa remaping will like this one : its bigger, higher, nicer, greater ! High altitutude mission, interceptions for exemple will be awesome :!: :wink:

1. interpenetrated texutures : gives a complex rendering with less repetition effect ! some will recognize one Okinawa texture. this will evolve, its the first step of a complex maping game.
[Image: 4072749107_3b39fa1e0d_b.jpg]

2. it's essentialy green for the moment but calderas and lava effects will come soon...........with pics :wink:
[Image: 4072748219_a695da9986_b.jpg]

[Image: 4072748463_59eb2520ca_b.jpg]

[Image: 4072748807_f267f985ac_b.jpg]

[Image: 4073507144_e30e8d10b5_b.jpg]

[Image: 4073507256_fb06239caf_b.jpg]

7. Okinawa.....but in a 200% greater scale ! :wink: 8)
[Image: 4072747877_8140506e60_b.jpg]

[Image: 4073508620_155c1a5744_b.jpg]

9.Underwater volcano make appear an island here. You can see the caldera in the top of the little island
[Image: 4073508902_b529a26c57_b.jpg]

10.New agriculture textures. I have to work to avoid repetive effects...that's why interpenetrated textures and manual maping are important. Thanks VonBard for help with to big actor satic problem :wink:
[Image: 4072749565_3c0eb8ae24_b.jpg]

11. Clouds shadows effects Smile
[Image: 4072749727_dea4681ef9_b.jpg]

[Image: 4073509438_2d8034f81d_b.jpg]

13.There is life there :wink:
[Image: 4073509564_ff94bf5369_b.jpg]

14.More natural cities. I will try to improve with new textures transitions with country, and the same for Okinawa V2, and decrease contrast.
[Image: 4072750141_22305e0900_b.jpg]

[Image: 4072750527_4e252b3c53_b.jpg]

16.hum we need cows here ... a cow mod :lol:
[Image: 4073510342_a8f85faeeb_b.jpg]

Really lovely work with those textures. They look really natural.

I was wondering by which system you assign textures. Do you assign them by height primarily or a mixture of height and random textures? Or by some other method?

And should you finish this map and still feel in the mood for something oriental, I have a good basic map of Formosa that could use some fine texturing of your kind ...

Well, maybe my retexturing of Kyushu inspired you but really your work surpasses mine VERY MUCH! This is incredible, take your time, mate.

Hopefully in some weeks I'll be more free so maybe I can give a hand, because the work really worth it. In my opinion, other aspects of the game like skins and effects have improved so much thanks to modders, but map textures have been long time neglected. Specially in maps like this one, with high altitude missions... I couldn't really fly the original map with those chess board effects, and it's a pity because there are many nice missions done over it.

Good work!

Did the Iwo Jima retexture get finished?

Looks as though I won't be flying over Europe for a while!