.SFS re-Packer?

Dear All,

does anybody know how some people are repacking files into .sfs packages to speed up the load of the game?

As far as I know the package about to come from AAA, plus some from other sites are using this format to decrease substancially the load time of the game and of some complicated maps.

Which program or tool are they using?

Thanks,

Pablo

no idea what its called but i do know that the ones who have it arent allowed to give it out.

HSFX 4.0

EoW_WhamO_CO Wrote:no idea what its called but i do know that the ones who have it arent allowed to give it out.

Why the hell not?

It would be very nice to be able to customize my own install, then package up the .sfs files for myself. I run a combination of SAS, AAA and other mods. Although I love the idea of faster load times and packing back up all the mod files ... if it means giving up my custom intall ... then pssstt!! screw that! Besides, I have a machine that loads pretty quick anyway. I don't mind a couple minute wait to load my game. Besides, I'm also a Silent Hunter 3 & 4 player, so I am used to long loading times Big Grin

The one person (outside of 1C:Maddox) who knows how to and has made SFS for mods is not in a position to let it out (for reasons I don't know, simply know he isn't in a position to let it out). Anyway since all three major packs will soon be sharing the same base of SFS files, there is really no need to have a publicly available compressor. All major finished mods are in the SFS meaning the mod installs become a lot cleaner and perform a lot better. All you need to worry about is new and beta mods, which you can customize as much as you want.

Really, the SFS mods are now just like official patches. If you don't like something you can still overwrite it the old fashion way by plopping the necesseray files in the MODS folder. Game is still customizable, just the hassle with the 'regular' and 'essential' mods is taken out of it.

The compressed files also eliminated the "mouse freeze" that I had only with AAA 1.2 versus all the other IL2 mod packages on my PC (HSFX 4.0 & UP 1.8)

.SFS is the file extension for SingleFileSystem and is just a superb way of handling file compression,
why do people get the impression that this utility is only for IL-2

A SFS compresiion tool can be purchased for $300 US Dollars and it is available to anyone in the world who has the $300 US to purchase one!

It is not an IL-2 only compression utility,it was not made by some IL-2 modder and why it would only be allowed to be used by certain individuals only and it's secret kept from the community is totally beyond me when we have the tools to exract .SFS files

There is no secret tool,or secret ways of using it,it is just a compression utility like winrare but much much better.

I found a SFS compression utility using Google ...but it is $300,00 US so I personally will not be buying one!

If you know how to use Google and have $300 US dollars too spend...go buy a SFS compression utility!

Files SFS are applied with different archivers. Is also such which cost up to 3000 dollars. Even Linux can make SFS files. And all these archivers have a different format. So it is necessary to guess only. Most likely in game own format SFS...

SingleFileSystem (SFS) provides an easy way to work with multiple files and folders stored as a part of a single file using advanced compression and encryption functionality. This solution encapsulates small but powerful file systems within a single file. The mechanism of SFS includes some advanced features of FAT and NTFS file systems and is specially optimized to achieve high performance.

It is still is not a "secret sauce" that needs to be guarded ...

SingleFileSystem happens different formats, i spoke about this. I did not meet while program SingleFileSystem which can open SFS from IL-2... And so is not a secret Smile

anatolie79 Wrote:SingleFileSystem happens different formats, i spoke about this. I did not meet while program SingleFileSystem which can open SFS from IL-2... And so is not a secret Smile

exactly and even if one had disposable income to buy one ,they would still need to understand how to run such tools :lol:
Best to leave it to those that have knowledge with such tools...

Quote:exactly and even if one had disposable income to buy one ,they would still need to understand how to run such tools
It completely agree Smile

Anto Wrote:The one person (outside of 1C:Maddox) who knows how to and has made SFS for mods is not in a position to let it out (for reasons I don't know, simply know he isn't in a position to let it out). Anyway since all three major packs will soon be sharing the same base of SFS files, there is really no need to have a publicly available compressor. All major finished mods are in the SFS meaning the mod installs become a lot cleaner and perform a lot better. All you need to worry about is new and beta mods, which you can customize as much as you want.

Really, the SFS mods are now just like official patches. If you don't like something you can still overwrite it the old fashion way by plopping the necesseray files in the MODS folder. Game is still customizable, just the hassle with the 'regular' and 'essential' mods is taken out of it.

Therein lies the problem that some of us have been talking about, though. You're stuck with whatever is put into the "patches". I understand that one can overwrite files with other ones, but what if you just don't want some of the mods? If I had to use everything that's in the UI, I probably wouldn't use the mods. The whole point of mods, IMO, is to customize a game, not to have others tell you what to use. I think many mod users would like to be able to repack any set of mods they desire.

Yes JG54, I completely agree with you.

A better way of "loading" the MODs and customized as you said for your needs, is almost as important as the MODs themselves, because I clearly would prefer speeding up 50% the load of the game and the missions than having the version x.2 of the cockpit of whatever plane or something like that.

But well, we need someone who could help us with this.

Thanks.

EasyRider Wrote:
anatolie79 Wrote:SingleFileSystem happens different formats, i spoke about this. I did not meet while program SingleFileSystem which can open SFS from IL-2... And so is not a secret Smile

exactly and even if one had disposable income to buy one ,they would still need to understand how to run such tools :lol:

Link for free download:
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Progr...ystem.html

Laziness is the mother of progress. My QMB missions can be found here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13518">http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/view ... hp?t=13518</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13772">http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/view ... hp?t=13772</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13056">http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/view ... hp?t=13056</a><!-- m -->