[mod] New menu music

This mod includes new menu music for Finland, US, Great Britain, and the Soviet Union.

due to a maximum time limit on music, these are only segments of about 0:35-1:10 that loop well.
Each countries song:

Finland:
Finlandia

The United States:
Guns in the air

Alternate United States:
The Army Air Corps

Great Britain:
Captains of the Clouds

USSR:
Sacred war

DOWNLOAD

To install, Extract to your mods folder.

The alternate US music can be made to play by renaming or deleting "US.wav" and renaming "US2.wav" "US.wav"

any of the other songs can be made the menu default by making a copy of one of the files and renaming it RU. Note that this will also overwright the USSR's music in campaigns and single missions though.

I may release more music for other countries depending on whether or not I manage to find some

Thanks for these mate!

Now other countries have their own music Big Grin

Planemad

Arghhh, hate rapid share. Plz make another mirror...

DK-nme

Hello Corsair
Thank you for the nice music pieces.
There is no limited music slot in IL2. A wave file should be able to play its full duration and then loop back, as long as you don't switch the page you initiated the music in. I noticed your wave files are in PCM
The music wav files in IL2 have to be compressed to MPEG layer 3, otherwise only a section of the file will play inside the Simulation
The following extract is from the IL2 manual p25:

"Sound files should be standard Windows RIFF files (with the .wav extension), however, the
data format should be MPEG - layer 3, 44100Hz(or lower), stereo. You can create such files using various
widely available converters. Please be sure the file is in the correct format and has the
correct extension; otherwise, it may not play correctly"

Keep your work growing. There is a lot more we can do with music that is currently known in IL2 Smile

sounds good, but please could you up load to another mirror? Rapid share seems to forever mess me about... "You must upgrade to premium user; No more free slots available; you have expirienced an error attempting to download this...." etc

Annoying the annoying, so you don't have to.
[Image: 29p95pf.gif]

thank you, very good improvement!

ps
I agree, RAPIDSHARK begins to overdo, at ANY connection the answer is - no download you must become
a premium member...

Thankyou very much, fantastic!

Hope you do go ahead and make some more for the other countries as you mentioned. Loking forward to any additions. :!:

excellent choice for Finland. And actually the only one. Finlandia has become a symbol of 1939-45. Even mr. Sibelius didn't have no plans to do that. It just grow to be like another National Anthem to us.

How about "Anchors Aweigh" for the USN and "Halls of Montezuma" for the USMC?

Can't use the free user on rapid share for some reason.. so this is not for me unfortunately.

KDN Wrote:Hello Corsair
Thank you for the nice music pieces.
There is no limited music slot in IL2. A wave file should be able to play its full duration and then loop back, as long as you don't switch the page you initiated the music in. I noticed your wave files are in PCM
The music wav files in IL2 have to be compressed to MPEG layer 3, otherwise only a section of the file will play inside the Simulation
The following extract is from the IL2 manual p25:

"Sound files should be standard Windows RIFF files (with the .wav extension), however, the
data format should be MPEG - layer 3, 44100Hz(or lower), stereo. You can create such files using various
widely available converters. Please be sure the file is in the correct format and has the
correct extension; otherwise, it may not play correctly"

Keep your work growing. There is a lot more we can do with music that is currently known in IL2 Smile

Exellent, I'll be releasing a mod then for each country to have the full duration, because having the full song for each country would be a massive file size

Good news Corsair.
The compression mentioned reduces the size considerably. for example the Finlandia which is a little more that 12 Mb gets reduced to 480 Kb!!

For Royal Yugoslav Air Force:

http://www.4shared.com/file/152884974/8 ... nline.html

If you dont mind suggestions and/or requests, I think this would be perfect for the Aussie (RAAF) menu...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyLNZFtG3gU

Big Grin

I'll be releasing the update asap, including the new tracks people have very kindly, and helpfully posted.

Thank you all for your replies.