Denmark Beta Map !

Hi'
I finally got updated to 4.09m and installed this Map BUT it say's a 2D map is missing during load !!
Help MayDay
ColaBen :wink:

ColaBen Wrote:Hi'
I finally got updated to 4.09m and installed this Map BUT it say's a 2D map is missing during load !!
Help MayDay
You must check all.ini. file
And it is no wonder that you can't see Denmark, because there aint no Denmark map, or is there?

There is, but it comes in funny packaging... The d/l link provided for the WIP version gives the contents of the map folder, with all.ini text, etc., but they come unpackaged (not included in one folder called ...Denmark)

The map works and all and it has very nice textures.

But, the unzipping process will give you a folder name for the map that does not correspond with the 'add to all.ini' text line.

Members should try to remember how adding lines to the all.ini works, so that you can fix this on your own should the need arise. It's rather simple.

[Name you wish to use] [space bar] [name of the mapfolder] / [name of the load.ini file]

Let's take as an example that we have a mapfolder called 'RW32_Denmark' for a map of Denmark. This folder contains a load.ini called 'load_32.ini'. To make it easy to remember, you wish to call the map 'Denmark'

The line you have to add to your all.ini would then be:
Denmark RW32_Denmark/load_32.ini

Remember, there may only be 1 (one - count it carefully) space in the line. Between your chosen name and the name of the mapfolder. Otherwise no spaces allowed. That is why so many map names contain an underscore.

OMG! Have i really missed that? And i was supposed to moderate this forum. HAhahah!
:oops:
kapteeni

kapteeni Wrote:OMG! Have i really missed that? And i was supposed to moderate this forum. HAhahah!
kapteeni

I missed it too, and had to restart my game 3 times until I caught on what was wrong with the install instructions in the add to all.ini ...

Sorry for the hassle.....

Yes, you have to manually create the folder ..\MODS\mapmods\maps\RW32_Denmark

Unzip the zipped file to this folder.

The text in the "Add to All.ini.txt" file is what has to be added in the file ..MODS\mapmods\maps\all.ini

Within the squad we've seen errors loading this map using UI 1.2, UI 1.1 works (or should if you've installed the map right :wink: ) flawlessly.

@ColaBen
What 2-D map is missing? Is this maybe the discrepency between 1.1 and 1.2? What version of the UI are you using?

cgagan Wrote:There is, but it comes in funny packaging... The d/l link provided for the WIP version gives the contents of the map folder, with all.ini text, etc., but they come unpackaged (not included in one folder called ...Denmark)

Hi cgagan,

Final release will come with an installer that will do all the "magic" stuff. This is only a WIP release so it is rather "rudimentary" atm.

BTW the folder should be called RW32_Denmark according to AAA mapbuilder naming conventions.
See this thread (The link is inoperative)

kapteeni Wrote:OMG! Have i really missed that? And i was supposed to moderate this forum. HAhahah!
kapteeni

:wink:

ColaBen Wrote:Hi'
Help MayDay

ColaBen,

Could you try and load it in the FMB, bring up the console (Shift-Tab) and PM me a screenshot. It would help me immensely.

TIA

Redwulf__32 Wrote:
cgagan Wrote:There is, but it comes in funny packaging... The d/l link provided for the WIP version gives the contents of the map folder, with all.ini text, etc., but they come unpackaged (not included in one folder called ...Denmark)

Hi cgagan,

Final release will come with an installer that will do all the "magic" stuff. This is only a WIP release so it is rather "rudimentary" atm.

BTW the folder should be called RW32_Denmark according to AAA mapbuilder naming conventions.
See this thread (The link is inoperative)

Yeah, so I gathered; Thank you Agracier for suggesting what should have been obvious from the start and thank you Redwolf for your answer, :lol:

where is the dl for the denmark map?

mnlk999 Wrote:where is the dl for the denmark map?

Hi mnlk999,

Get it here: http://redwulf.adelby.dk/Denmark/RW_32_ ... WIP_6b.zip

1) Create the folder ..\MODS\mapmods\maps\RW32_Denmark
2) Unzip to this folder
3) Add the text in "..\MODS\mapmods\maps\RW32_Denmark\add to all.ini.txt" as a new line to the file "..\MODS\mapmods\maps\all.ini"

NOTE: Errors have been seen in UI 1.2
NOTE: This is a WIP so no need to tell me what is missing (roads, rails, buildings, cities, beaches, the Atlantic Wall, a gazillion airfields, etc.) .... I know :wink:
NOTE: The map is 1:1 so it's HUGE!!!!

4) Enjoy Big Grin

Thank you RedWulf_32 Big Grin
ColaBen

ColaBen Wrote:Thank you RedWulf_32 Big Grin
ColaBen

Did you get it to work ColaBen?