Raid of Ceylon Map Help

Hi Everyone

I am looking for a opinion, I am looking into making a raid on ceylon mission pack, going for full realistic as I can get, I know there is not really a ceylon islands map, and I am not a map maker either.

So, I am looking for suggestions of with map that we have (UI 1.2 Installation) that would suit a remake of the ceylon islands, however there is one limitation that I would like

A map that has about 150-200km of sea from the select targets.

So, If you make a suggestion for a map, and if you are up to it, I will first create a raid on colombo mission, and since the person who suggest it, if they want to, can beta test the mission and see what they think

Please help with this

Thanks in Advance
Foxman

Hi' Foxman !
Do you have a good book about the subject Air Raid on Trincomalee and Colombo spring 1942 :?: :?:
ColaBen

Hi ColaBen

Yeah, I have the Book Bloody Shambles Volume 2, which has a pretty good section on Ceylon, and I have all the data i need for the planes, ships, weather and strike times

But the map is lacking, I used to use Manchuria, and I used to use a bay about 35km north north west of the main bay in the map to represent Colombo

However, I am wondering what the community would think to being a good map that is in IL2 1946 UI 1.2 that might be better

Any Suggestions?

Hi' Foxman !
Hopefully som nice Mapbuilder is reading this. I have no mapbuilding skill myself and a moderate PC.
Surely we can dream :wink: :wink:
ColaBen

A bit late but I'm working on it! :wink: