[Download] ZipNavV.1.5 for all mod packs

[Image: zipnav15.jpg]

Changes in V1.5:
Navigation points feature added

To activate this, press the left control key when setting the first navigation point with a right mouse click. There is no need to press this key again when adding more navigation points.

To delete the last navigation point press the left alt key while clicking right somewhere on the map. If no more navigation point is left, the programm switches to normal mode.

The # key should display/hide the clipboard over the games screen (the nav programm must still run, of course), but i don't know if this works with all systems. You can change the used key within the zipnav.ini in the ZipNav_files folder.

You also can print the navigation points with a left mouse click onto the middle part of the clipboards clamp.

Standard usage:

Select used unit (Metric/Imperial) and "Save" this setting.
Select map.
Click left to starting position.
Click right to aims position.
Read course/distance/home course/aims height.
Zoom in/out for better placement (Zoom * 4 can't display the biggest maps).
Set average speed/height for flight time calculation.

Adding new maps:
Create a new subfolder to folder ZipNavFilesPacked and give it the maps name.
Copy the maps files ed_m02.tga, map_h.tga and texts.txt into that folder. Rename these files if they are named somehow otherwise.
Copy the maps actors.static file into the folder ZipNavFilesPacked\new_maps and rename it as actors.static if it is named somehow otherwise.
Run outact.bat
Copy the resulting file outNStationary.txt into the new map files folder (This file contains the airport positions).
Select "Packer/Pack files", open the new maps folder and click left on one file after the other to pack them. The free JCalG1 algorithm is used; this is very effecient and fast when unpacking, but quite slowly when packing, so this may take up to some minutes with a very big file. Unpacking a packed file also is possible.

Installation:
Just expand the zip (196 MB) to a folder of your choice, it contains all needed files.

Edit: Link renewed, zip_monte_Cassino and zip_Anzio added, vkg_Grand_Canuon updated.
Download ZipNavV1.5 (complete install) here:

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/ZipNav.zip

Maps list V1.5:

(001) 2B_FlightTest
(002) 3BG_KTO
(003) 3BG_KTO_Winter
(004) ag_Aleutians
(005) ag_Andalucia
(006) ag_Archangelsk
(007) ag_Baleares
(008) ag_Bulgaria
(009) ag_Cartagena
(010) ag_Chaco
(011) ag_Dakar
(012) ag_Djibouti
(013) ag_Hejaz
(014) ag_Madagascar
(015) Ardennes
(016) ash_BoF
(017) B29_Alley
(018) Balaton
(019) Benghalli
(020) Berlin
(021) Bessarabia
(022) Burma
(023) CAN_Channel
(024) CAN_EnglishChannel_1940
(025) CAN_EnglishChannel_1943
(026) Cat_Midway_Expanded
(027) Chichi
(028) Coralsea
(029) Crimea
(030) CY6_North_Korea
(031) cztx_BurmaLower
(032) Desert
(033) dlv_Philippines
(034) dlv_Sinai
(035) Empty1a
(036) Empty1a_winter
(037) Empty1b
(038) Empty1b_winter
(039) Empty2a
(040) Empty2a_winter
(041) Empty2b
(042) Empty2b_winter
(043) Empty4a
(044) Empty4b
(045) ffb_Thailand
(046) FinsGulf
(047) fly_zo_BOB
(048) Guadal
(049) Hawaii
(050) HB_Hokkaido
(051) HRt_canarias7
(052) IJ_Palembang_1942
(053) IJ_Palembang_1945
(054) IJ_Sakishima
(055) Italian_Front
(056) Italy_DF
(057) It_new_italy_DF
(058) Iwo
(059) Japan1
(060) JV69_LYBIA_N-E
(061) KhalkhinGol
(062) Kiev
(063) Kt_Finland
(064) Kuban
(065) Kurland
(066) Kursk
(067) Kwajalein
(068) LALnormandy1
(069) LALnormandy2
(070) LAL_Okinawa
(071) Lviv
(072) Makin2
(073) Malta_42
(074) Manchuria
(075) Manpferdia
(076) marianas
(077) Mbug_Slovakia_winter
(078) Midway
(079) mixx_Zapolar
(080) Moscow
(081) MrO_Kokoda
(082) mrz_Centmed
(083) mrz_Malta
(084) MTO
(085) Murmansk
(086) MurmanskS
(087) Net1summer
(088) Net1winter
(089) Net2summer
(090) Net2winter
(091) Net3summer
(092) Net5Summer
(093) Net6Island
(094) Net7Islands
(095) net8islands
(096) NetIslands
(097) Netmountains
(098) Newguinea
(099) new_map
(100) Normandy
(101) Norway
(102) NTL_Darwin_Small
(103) NWeurope
(104) Okinawa
(105) Palau
(106) Prokhorovka
(107) RD_Malvinas
(108) Rennell_Islands
(109) Sal_Truk
(110) Sandsoftime
(111) Singapore
(112) Slot_0144
(113) Slot_1042
(114) Slovakia
(115) Smolensk
(116) Stgrad
(117) Tarawa
(118) tc_hawaain-islands
(119) vkg_Crete
(120) vkg_El_Alamein
(121) VKG_Grand_Canyon
(122) vol_ItalyAfricaGreece
(123) vol_Sardegna
(124) Wag_Nordsee
(125) Wake
(126) zip_Alpen_East
(127) zip_Alpen_Mid
(128) zip_Alpen_west
(129) zip_Anzio
(131) zip_Monte_Cassino
(132) zip_Islands
(133) Zuti_Slovenia
(134) Zuti_Slovenia_Winter

Thank you!
But I cannot use this program because it crash on numerous cards including !

Merci !
Mais je ne peux pas utiliser ce programme car il se crashe sur de nombreuses cartes incluses !

Does this happen with the bigger maps only? In that case i assume you are running a rig with very small memory. Specifications? Does anybody else has such problems?

zipzapp Wrote:Does this happen with the bigger maps only? In that case i assume you are running a rig with very small memory. Specifications? Does anybody else has such problems?

yeah here!

I tested your program now on a netbook with 1GB ram. It seems that bigger maps couldn't be loaded due to some strange size overflow (what I think). After rescaling the map to 1/4 it worked without any problem. On my home system (2GB Ram) the map worked also in the default size.

Do you have any suggestion to solve this probably size overflow problem?

Thanks! Smile

There is a lot of memory needed, some maps are realy huge in pixels and even huger in the zoom. Only way to prevent memory issues would be preventing the prog to load a to big file and creating zooms. I already had to limit the creating of the 4*zoom with the biggest maps, also not for memory issues on my rig, but because my programming language can't display images bigger than 8200 * 8200 pix. If there is a next version, i will also test if there is enough memory, if this is possible.

Scaling the maps down is a kind of solution, but you must be aware that the ed_m02.tga isn't smaller then the map_h.tga. If you size down the map_h.tga, shown distances will be wrong, because this is used for calculating the distance. The problem is, that the prog always must use a uncompressed 24 Bit version of the images and my programming language seems not to support memory swapping here.

thank you for your reply! Smile

Yeah, I understand now! Uncompressed and this size.. thats truely heavy! If I count the minutes photoshop would need to load this map in full zoom .... Wink

I rescaled both with the same divider but then the town names, grid names, etc. are missplaced. I have to divide all these numbers in the two text files, too. And I have so far no script which can do that. By hand it will need days to do it!

Thanks again for your program Smile I really like it!

S!

PS: If you want to make a new version, is it possible to make a switcher to forbide zooming for the lower pcs? Would that help with less RAM?

You may try this version:

http://www.filefront.com/15174909/ZipNavV1.3a.exe

There are some minor changes and also a memory checker who prevents to load the zooms if there is not enough memory. I couldn't test it under real world conditions, so i don't know if it realy helps. Seems if the game and some other programs started with the zoom you mostly need more then 1 GB memory, but you won't ever reach 2 GB. It's also possible that you need more then one GB if only the 1:1 image and the zoom outs are used with a bigger map; this isn't traped. I think you need at last about 1.5 GB to work the prog properly.

Thank you, soooo much, this is excelent, really top notch work 8)

cheers fruitbat

It works zipzapp !

I'm amazed !

Thanks,

KC

Super Duty! works grate

thx very much

rb 8)

zipzapp Wrote:Changes in V1.4:

Usage:
Select map.

You mention Metric/Imperial when selecting units. Did you include KIAS? USN & USMC aircraft and at least some RN aircraft instruments use Knots Indicated Airspeed on their gages.

-)-MAILMAN-

OK, can you explain to me what exactly this program does? Is it just for measuring distances, heights and times of flight? Or is there something transferable into the game that I missed? There is no readme contained in the download...

Besides, looks very usefull! Thank you!

Thank you ! it's ok !

-)-MAILMAN- Wrote:
zipzapp Wrote:Changes in V1.4:

Usage:
Select map.

You mention Metric/Imperial when selecting units. Did you include KIAS? USN & USMC aircraft and at least some RN aircraft instruments use Knots Indicated Airspeed on their gages.

Yes, KIAS is the default for imperial.

[Image: zipnavf.jpg]

Not sure how difficult it is, but it would be nice to add a third option for mph but I can always go back to my E6B for that.

Yes, its for flight planning (as far as I know); and it doesn't go into your game folder.

KC
ps - And thanks again zipzapp ! I find I can right-click over any terrain/airfield/mountain top and get its elevation.

Thanks bud.
This is beautiful.

We'll give it a go and let you know if there are any show stoppers.

S!

Though I fly through the valley of death, I will fear no evil.....
For I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

[Image: JollySignature.jpg]