Tribal Class Destroyer for HSFX4

Maybe someone who is more of an expert than me would have more luck.

I was only able to extract the basic hull model. The turrets, funnels and other standard bits seem to be stored as common meshes and used by multiple models. The start point to being able to use these in IL2 would, I think, be to get a complete and fully textured model into 3ds Max. I never got that far with it, and only tried a couple of the major vessels.

Ashe

Here's something I've been working on (make that off and on) over the last little while. HMCS Haida is berthed in my hometown so I thought it'd be interesting to take asheshouse handiwork and make a skin for her. Haida is known as the 'the fightingest ship in the Royal Canadian Navy' having destroyed more enemy vessels than any other ship in the R.C.N. I'd like to thank ashes for his help with the pennant numbers and for creating such a great model in the first place. I hope to have the skin available sometime soon if RL cooperates.

[Image: haida.jpg]

Great work Goshikisen. Can't wait for the chance to download it.
It looks really good.
Are the load line numbers clear enough or do you need a separate panel added like we did for the pennant numbers?

The texture mapping for the upper part of the superstructure and the masts goes to a single colour tga patch at the moment.
Is this causing any problems or do you need any of these areas mapped to the skin1o.tga texture to allow more customised skinning?

I think this will deserve its own slot when you get it completed. I will see if I can get this sorted out. The new skin will need to be issued along with the amended msh files.

I saw your comments regarding skinning of the Tribal class on the thread at SAS. As I mentioned above if you need any additional mapping done to suit what you are trying to achieve then let me know. An image with a few areas marked up is probably the best way to define what you need.

Ashe