WIP:New DF map of Syväri (SVIR)+GTA style Video

Hi mappers and modders!
Back TO the basics!!!

I'm happy to announce my next project. Small DF map about Syv

I like this map for one of the lesser known areas of conflict in the war. This map can be used to play out the Finnish drive south to link up with the German Tikhvin Offensive and it's aftermath. I think you chose a good area and just the right size map for it too. Good luck with this project.

Link to my MEDIAFIRE downloads page: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb9c2dafe61348e7c82ed4b8f0c380e04e75f6e8ebb871">http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb ... f6e8ebb871</a><!-- m -->

CzechTexan Wrote:I like this map for one of the lesser known areas of conflict in the war. This map can be used to play out the Finnish drive south to link up with the German Tikhvin Offensive and it's aftermath. I think you chose a good area and just the right size map for it too. Good luck with this project.
And what a planeset! Finns: Curtis Hawk. BW, Fokker, Fiat G 50, Moranes,Hurricanes. All the shittiest, crappiest and funniest planes against I-16, I-15 SB:S U_2 etc. etc.. You gotta love those planes!!
I have been playing DCG campaign with Hawks and it is hard to survive....
I just got a CU -Hawk book from library. I didn't know that we did capture P-40 too. Actually only 1, but i'm tempted to make a semihistorical campaign about Finnish Flying Bob Cats (emblem of LLV 24), but with captured P-40Confused instead of Brewsters.
kap

I have been thinking of making a map from that area, but I am just too lazy and not as skilled as you are. Keep up the good work!

Just last week I was thinking about possibly making a map of the area just to the south of your Syvari map.
In it I would include the Mga region, south to Novgorod, and east to Tikhvin, and the Lake Ladoga ports in the north.
This would cover the area of the Tikhvin Offensive and counteroffensive of 1941 and the subsequent Russian offensives near Lyuban and Kirishi, not to mention the six Siniavino offensives (the current Leningrad map is lacking in geographical features for Siniavino).

In my opinion, I think the Germans would have been better off if they didn't go to Tikhvin but instead skirted Lake Ladoga on it's coast in order to link up with the Finns in the north (where they battled on your map). Tikhvin was too far deep into the frozen forest wasteland. However, German occupation of the Ladoga ports would mean a total isolation of Leningrad with no chance of resupply over the lake.

A map of this area would also be easy to populate but would require a summer and winter version. Perhaps I could do this after my current project. Both maps would make a good sister-map combination and could be used together for campaigns.

Kapteeni, do you have any screenshots yet? and will you make a summer and winter version?
That Finnish P-40 would be interesting. P-40s with Finn markings vs. LaGGs and even Soviet P-40s! What a mix!

Link to my MEDIAFIRE downloads page: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb9c2dafe61348e7c82ed4b8f0c380e04e75f6e8ebb871">http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb ... f6e8ebb871</a><!-- m -->

Great work Kapteeni - again...

This is what we have been waiting for. Your first SVIR map has been the area for several coop missions of ours, but this is something else...
I really hope that you'll include there all the airfields in that area: Mensuvaara, Helyl

I look forward to your maps Kapteeni.
Each one a masterpiece

Ashe

[quote="Jami"]Great work Kapteeni - again...

This is what we have been waiting for. Your first SVIR map has been the area for several coop missions of ours, but this is something else...
I really hope that you'll include there all the airfields in that area: Mensuvaara, Helyl

CzechTexan Wrote:Just last week I was thinking about possibly making a map of the area just to the south of your Syvari map.
In it I would include the Mga region, south to Novgorod, and east to Tikhvin, and the Lake Ladoga ports in the north.
This would cover the area of the Tikhvin Offensive and counteroffensive of 1941 and the subsequent Russian offensives near Lyuban and Kirishi, not to mention the six Siniavino offensives (the current Leningrad map is lacking in geographical features for Siniavino).

In my opinion, I think the Germans would have been better off if they didn't go to Tikhvin but instead skirted Lake Ladoga on it's coast in order to link up with the Finns in the north (where they battled on your map). Tikhvin was too far deep into the frozen forest wasteland. However, German occupation of the Ladoga ports would mean a total isolation of Leningrad with no chance of resupply over the lake.

A map of this area would also be easy to populate but would require a summer and winter version. Perhaps I could do this after my current project. Both maps would make a good sister-map combination and could be used together for campaigns.

Kapteeni, do you have any screenshots yet? and will you make a summer and winter version?
That Finnish P-40 would be interesting. P-40s with Finn markings vs. LaGGs and even Soviet P-40s! What a mix!
Of course there will be summer and winter version. I will also include at least 2 different versions. 1 for the beginning of the war and second for the trench warfare period at Syv

kapteeni Wrote:[quote="CzechTexan"]Just last week I was thinking about possibly making a map of the area just to the south of your Syvari map.

Of course there will be summer and winter version. I will also include at least 2 different versions. 1 for the beginning of the war and second for the trench warfare period at Syv

Quote:I'm too lazy and impatient to fly 1,5 hours to battlezone and back for 5 min DF...
And you're not the only one...looking forward to probably another masterpiece! With such birds Big Grin

[quote="kapteeni"][quote="Jami"]Great work Kapteeni - again...

[quote="Jami"][quote="kapteeni"][quote="Jami"]Great work Kapteeni - again...

These are included to 4.0
Kt-Channel DF map (Kapteeni)
Finsgulf (Kapteeni)
Finland Online (Kt) (Kapteeni)
So no ag_Archangesk or Kt_Svir, bu they are easy to add. I have UP 1.8 and it is basicly the same than HSFX.
Archangelsk map had to wait, because of this new map, but if someone want's to edit it or add new airfields, it is OK with me and Agracier too. This is a modded game after all.
kap

Hello Kapteeni,

Now i've got HSFX 4.1 installed and it works fine and those above mentioned maps are included there.
But i've got a problem when installing your new maps SVIR and Archangelsk. I've done this according to the manual "New maps to HSFX 4.1" by fly_zo.
The game starts loading, but stops at 70%, the loading screen vanishes and the desktop appears as nothing had happened. What do I so wrong???
I've tried this in many ways: using your automatic zip installation files and also by copying extracted files manually to the folders. And I can't get it working.

What should I do?

Jami

Jami Wrote:These are included to 4.0
Kt-Channel DF map (Kapteeni)
Finsgulf (Kapteeni)
Finland Online (Kt) (Kapteeni)
So no ag_Archangesk or Kt_Svir, bu they are easy to add. I have UP 1.8 and it is basicly the same than HSFX.
Archangelsk map had to wait, because of this new map, but if someone want's to edit it or add new airfields, it is OK with me and Agracier too. This is a modded game after all.
kap

Hello Kapteeni,

Now i've got HSFX 4.1 installed and it works fine and those above mentioned maps are included there.
But i've got a problem when installing your new maps SVIR and Archangelsk. I've done this according to the manual "New maps to HSFX 4.1" by fly_zo.
The game starts loading, but stops at 70%, the loading screen vanishes and the desktop appears as nothing had happened. What do I so wrong???
I've tried this in many ways: using your automatic zip installation files and also by copying extracted files manually to the folders. And I can't get it working.

What should I do?

Jami
I have not tried to install those maps to HSFX, because i have separate installation for AAA UI 1.2. I believe you are missing some objects....Need to look at this when ever i have time. Maybe somebody else could help you at this point. Bloody Christmas. I work as a cook and it is party season....
kap