Graphics

Well, nothing looks worse than the default "High Noon, No Clouds" of the IL-2 mission.
I always, always, always, set something different.

Try mid to late afternoon, and put some clouds in the sky.

Other than that, not sure what you can do. If you have U.I. 1.2, it includes Avala's Planeshine mod, which really helps a lot. If you don't have U.I. 1.2, you can get Avala's mod separately. Put that together with McWolf's DecalShine, and planes really start to look great!

A lot of the default skins in the sim are kind of blah, but some newer ones look much better, and more realistic.

do those mods work for 4.09?

4.09 Modded, yes.
4.09 Official (unmodded), no.

Ok, I got it all figured out. Thanks a whole lot 8fs

RedrumSalad Wrote:that helped that, now, about the plane being darker, it seems its lighter than it should be, anything u could do for that?

Suggestion:

Step #1 Decrease or Increase your landscape lighting, if possible, in IL-2 Hardware Setup/Video in the main interface. Change the landscape lighting until it matches the level of brightness in your planes.

Step #2 Increase or Decrease your overall display brightness to your liking.

Note: I corrected this post.

The last post was corrected by me.

8FS_Bulau Wrote:What you're describing "blocky" sounds like aliasing.
Try turning on, or increasing, antialiasing (AA) in your video driver control panel.
Any ideas on how to increase the anti aliasing in an ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570 card???

vgautham_91 Wrote:
8FS_Bulau Wrote:What you're describing "blocky" sounds like aliasing.
Try turning on, or increasing, antialiasing (AA) in your video driver control panel.
Any ideas on how to increase the anti aliasing in an ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570 card???

Open your ATI program Wink The name escapes me at this moment though Wink

philip.ed Wrote:Open your ATI program Wink The name escapes me at this moment though Wink
Catalyst Control Centre?

Thank you philip.ed and 8FS_Bulau, i guess it is through catalyst control centre that i have to change the anti aliasing settings. But my catalyst control centre stubbornly refuses to open lol. have sent a mail to ATI, not got any response yet.

8FS_Bulau Wrote:
philip.ed Wrote:Open your ATI program Wink The name escapes me at this moment though Wink
Catalyst Control Centre?

Aye, that's the one Wink

Tey nd right click the catalyst icon and then click run as administrator Wink